SOLVED Colors are inverted

Reaction score
This is one of those problems where the finger can be pointed at so many different things.
As Wolfie says in his first post - it looks like a cable problem. I am also convinced that is the problem, but, maybe not the cables/plugs, but the input socket on the monitor itself?

Reaction score
Yes, I am on the latest version of Win10. I also made sure everything else was up-to-date, too.

I found something interesting today. Well, two things: Windows loves to do what it loves to do on its own will. I checked the night mode option to see it, and disabled it. I am undoubtedly certain of it, for I have checked to see it more than several times, but every boot up - it's enabled without being on. So, a quick fix to that later, but while doing so I noticed color was normal for a few seconds on my browser before Discord booted up. I'm not saying Discord could be the cause, but it was suprising.

Reaction score
@daviehc

I did make sure that the monitors and cables are good. I even went out of my way to buy new cables, and borrowed some other cables and monitors to check them from friends, and it's something to do with my end. I want to be clear that this issue happened before on a freshly built PC during its very first installation of Windows 10. I managed to fix it, and was able to find someone with a similar issue, but I scoured the internet to find the forum and solution that I found years ago, which I can no longer find. I can't remember where I went in the settings to fix this problem.

Reaction score
You haven't specifically mentioned that you have looked into the colour filters?

But this looks interesting, it could be what you have lost::
Right click the start icon and select Computer management.

• Select ‘Task Scheduler’.
  • In Task Scheduler Library, navigate to Microsoft > Windows.
  • Go to WindowsColorSystem.
  • Look for Calibration Loader task and right click on it.
  • Select ‘Properties’ and click on the ‘Triggers’ tab.
  • Disable the two triggers – ‘At Log on’ and ‘On connection to user session’.
  • Reboot the system.
I know nothing about Discord, but reading up on it, it does seem a possible culprit. Try disabling it?

Reaction score
I have made sure color filters, themes, magnifier are off. This issue only happens with certain images on sites, some apps, some website logos like this one (youtube is fine), Windows Library to name a few. It's only the colors blue and green that are inverted. Saving the images and viewing them are normal. It's very odd and not consistent, but stays consistent with whatever is effected.
Videos are perfect, games are perfect.

Here's an image of what it's like.

Attachments

• WT.jpg
    WT.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 83
Reaction score
I would try and find a different GPU if as you say, you have checked everything else, borrow one from a friend if you can!. ;)

Reaction score
I did run it without the GPU and drivers installed. I'll keep that noted when I get the chance to. It would suck if that's the case since it's a fairly new GPU.

Reaction score
Hi Clam,

do you have an integrated APU/IGPU and is it okay?, if it is, it may well be a faulty GPU???????. :(

Reaction score
Yes, the IGPU Intel UHD Graphics 630. I did uninstall the drivers, so that one monitor that's using it turned off. Did a clean install, and nothing changed.

Reaction score
Hi Clam,

so you are saying that without the GPU plugged in to the motherboard, it is working fine yes?. If that is the case, you can return it as it is new under warranty. :)

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant by that with or without the GPU being in, nothing changes.

Reaction score
Okay, well it is possible that the motherboard is defect but I really cannot say for sure. Another possibility is faulty memory (RAM) or the CPU is to blame?. :( Does it happen on both monitors?. ;)

Reaction score
I think I tried different RAM in, but I'm not certain. I could try again.

Yes, both monitors are effected. I posted an image of what it's like, regardless of which monitor it's opened on. Although, Microsoft Edge seems to be entirely affected by the color change.

Reaction score
It happens with other apps and browsers, but from the image provided. It's like this. It's random.

Attachments

• WT.jpg
    WT.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 83
Reaction score
Looking at the pic really tells me nothing to be honest!. You need to maybe take it into a PC service centre as I am out of ideas now!. :(

Reaction score
Some good news! I did a sfc /scannow which did find corrupted files. Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. I then went into apps and features, repaired Microsoft Photos in the advanced tabs, reset, and some images no longer have pink/green. Something worked, but Discord is now back to its normal color, and so are a few other things such as game launchers.

The issue is still ongoing though for Browser related images and some windows folders.

Reaction score
I can't believe it. I fixed it. I finally fixed it.

So, the previous post did help with issues related with Windows. The other issue was with browsers not displaying colors correctly.
I checked Bing (which I posted was all pink/green). It was completely fixed, but the color issue was present on Firefox.

Well, turns out it was Firefox. I went into the about:config > gfx.color_management.mode > and changed it to 0.

Although this was somewhat a Windows issue, it was also a FF issue.

I wanted to say thank you all who helped!

Reaction score
I see you have marked the thread as solved. Cross your fingers!:cool:.
Your post #5 indicated, very positively, that the problem was ith both Edge and Firefox.
Let us hope that whatever the problem, an update or something triggered, has righted it.:rolleyes:

Ask a Question