SOLVED Colors are inverted

Reaction score
After reinstalling Windows 10, certain browsers, and certain images colors are mostly purple/pink and green. Especially Edge, where almost everything is. Firefox, only certain images are like this. It's even on some of my applications like Discord, but on the browser version it looks completely normal. Youtube videos look fine, as well.

Here's what I did so far:
Check Display Drivers
Check GPU DriversChecked Magnifier
Checked Colorblindness Options
Checked High Contrast Mode
Checked Color Management
Checked Nvidia Control Panel

I had this issue a year ago when I first installed Windows 10, and managed to fix it, but I can't see to find the solution anymore. Any ideas what's going on here?
Image below is showing a screenshot I took of my desktop. Left is opened in my email, and right is opened on Windows Viewer.

4br2ku5x55u51.png

Reaction score
Hi,

if you are using a VGA connector, check both ends as it looks like a cable may be loose?. :)

Have you done a reset on your monitor?. Press the menu button and search for reset function!. ;)

Are you using the recommended display settings?.

1605786453305.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for replying, Wolfie.
Ah, yes, I forgot to mention. I have a dual monitor setup, both running HDMI. I checked both cables, and changed them out.
I have one cable running to my onboard, and the other running to my GPU.

I checked my monitors but nothing.
I used different different display settings, as well.

The issue persist on both monitors with certain images still.

Reaction score
Hi Clam,

what GPU do you have and do you have the latest drivers?.

Have you installed any new themes that might be the cause?.

Are you running the latest version of Win 10?. :)

Reaction score
I have an RTX 2080 Ti with up-to-date drivers installed. I tried other drivers too.

No themes were changed. This happened right after a reinstall of the OS. This also happened a year ago when I first built this PC. Back then I was able to find the issue, but I can't remember how or what I did to fix it.
I am also running the latest version of Windows 10. I tried rolling back a few and still nothing.

Prior to this issue, I was getting BSOD from Critical Process Errors, but my colors were fine. I migrated my files over to a HDD and did a factory reset. Immediately the colors were off in Microsoft Edge. Downloaded FF and just migrated back to my SSD after seeing my SSD was okay, and the issue followed me.

Some days Discord was fine, and now it's been consistently green. Here's a picture of Microsoft Edge on the left, and Firefox on the right. I even switch them to the other screens to show that it's browser related.

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    881.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 22.png
    22.png
    852.2 KB · Views: 178
Reaction score
Hi Clam,

is it possible that you have a heat problem (I assume it is a PC case?). Do you have sufficient air-flow?. Is the GPU sitting correctly in it's slot?. Do you have another GPU to try out and see if it isn't the PCIe motherboard controller's fault?. ;) Is the GPU faulty???. :(

Reaction score
Oh, the list goes on, hahaha. Yes, even at a cold start it's like this. Temps are good.
I did check everything to see if it's sitting properly. I tested it without the GPU installed.

Reaction score
Where did you get the GPU?, I hope it isn't a knock-off!. Do you have another GPU or can you borrow one from a friend?. That might help determine if the mobo is the culprit?. :) Have you done any overclocking on either the mobo or GPU?. :eek:

Reaction score
Newegg, so I doubt it's a knockoff, hahaha. Unfortunately I don't have friends with PC's otherwise I would of asked them ages ago.
The mobo could be a possibility. I might purchase one to test it on, and change that out if that's the issue.
Mobo is a MSI MPG Z390 Pro Carbon. I'll poke around to see if people are having issues with it.

I did OC before, but I turned it off a long time back. Everything is pretty much factory except fan speeds.

Reaction score
Quite possibly is. I did do it recently while I was in the process of migrating, defragging, and tidy up files. I'll double check.

Reaction score
8/13/2020 Version 7B17v1A is what I have now.
The latest version is 10/14/2020 Version 7B17v1B. Guess I'll do that this week since I'm in it.

Reaction score
Well, with the seasons out of the way. I had to squeeze in time to update anything needed, and nothing has changed.

Reaction score
Wolfie, sorry to say but the update hasn't done anything but update, haha. I feel so defeated by this.

Reaction score
Shot in the dark.
Try settings - Ease of access, and try the opposite setting for high contrast, according to what you have set now ( High to low: Low to high)
You can also look in the colour filters, whilst at that settings page. Must admit though, my own experience when I messed with those was a disaster.
I had a problem with faint text on forum pages. Not directly related to your problem, but who knows?

I found I had to turn OFF the transparency, under "Display", in order to darken the text. History, that problem disappeared with subsequent updates.

Reaction score
Thank you for replying davehc, and Wolfie.

Neither of those work. I tried turning contrast mode on and off, magnifier on and off, themes on and off. Played around in the settings, and see my issue persist. Checked to see if any updates didn't go through, and it looks to be up-to-date.

I'm starting to believe I might be missing Windows files that have to do with colors? If there are any? When I did a fresh install, I was missing some files to run certain things which I had a friend send them to me via email. I also have another issue with my headset, which worked perfectly fine for years before doing the install. But that's another problem I don't want to address since it's a Razer problem.

Reaction score
Hi Clam,

are you running the latest version of Win 10?. You should have version 2009 (AKA 20H2). Press the Windows logo key + r and type "winver" and check please. :)

1609746887536.png

Ask a Question