SOLVED Theme colors have taken over everything and I cannot reset.

Reaction score
I was checking out various themes. Most had quite hideous colors, and mainly dark ones. I wanted a neutral theme, but for fun I chose a purple and pink theme first. Well, everything is purple and pink, including web pages. The forum's pages are purple and pink. All of the games I play are purple and pink. Distinguishing game characters and such is nearly impossible. Nothing I do stops the theme from coloring the web pages. And the colors are always dark and overwhelming. No matter what theme I choose, the web pages are not the correct color. I am sick of color. I want a cream and brown theme, and only on my PC, not on anything on the internet.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sounds like you've enabled a high contrast theme and you're stuck with it.
Try holding the Alt + Shift keys on the bottom left of your keyboard and strike the Print Screen key.
See if that provides any relief from what you are seeing.

Reaction score
Sounds like you've enabled a high contrast theme and you're stuck with it.
Try holding the Alt + Shift keys on the bottom left of your keyboard and strike the Print Screen key.
See if that provides any relief from what you are seeing.

Thank you! It helped. Another step that finally finished the cure was disabling a program on my computer called "f.lux". A friend offhandedly mentioned this program. Sure enough. With both suggestions, life is good now!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to hear and thanks for the follow-up.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question