SOLVED Fonts and Colors

Reaction score
Hello people,
I just bought a license for W10 and now I am arranging my machine. I am looking for the equivalent of what in W7 was the
Configuratiescherm\Alle Configuratiescherm-onderdelen\Persoonlijke instellingen\Kleur en vormgeving van vensters\Geavanceerde instellingen voor vormgeving (sorry my W10 uses NL language). So this is the advanced configuration link in the Personal Color and Appearance of Windows. It has been present in all previous versions of Windows, so you cannot teach me that M$ has dropped it, but you never know ...
Anyways I cannot find it any more.
This is what I am after (again : it is in NL, but you will recognise it).

upload_2017-7-22_1-6-48.png

I would hope the problem has already been posted by someone but I am not sure. Who can help me ?
Thank you all

Wiebe

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Wiebe,

Welcome to the Forum.

The old Control Panel settings you are referring to are now deprecated in Windows 10. Microsoft are wanting users to learn to use their Windows Settings app instead.
  • Left-click on your Start icon, then left-click on the Settings cog,
  • In the Windows Setting app click Personalization
  • Now on left side click Colors
  • If you want to change title bar colors then scroll down window & check the title bar box and select a color.
  • If you want to change taskbar, start, and action center colors, scroll down & check its box & select color.
  • If you want to change font sizes in various locations you'll need to make use of a third party tool.
https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...-increased-menu-ribbon-font.13929/#post-66747

The link above will take you to where I explained this tool and how to get it in a previous thread on this topic.​

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hallo Regedit32,
Thank you for the link. Looking around I find there is a lot of discontent among the Windows diehards about M$ dropping support for the more subtle customiation options we were enjoying over recent years.
I found most of what I am looking for in the 3rd party WinTools suite, so let's consider the issue it to be reluctantly solved.

Hopefully M$ will have 2nd thoughts and add that lacking functionality.
If not : although I have got a fine fast W10 machine running, as things are now actually Linux/Mint is the more attractive alternative for me. Alternatively going back to W7 would be a flight into the past, would not it ?
M$ runs the chance of chasing away their customers.
For my technical work I can operate from both environments. Linux has also the advantage of less chance for viruses.

B.t.w., isn't it time for you to promote to Regedit64 ?
Best regards from the Netherlands

Wiebe

Regedit32

Reaction score
B.t.w., isn't it time for you to promote to Regedit64 ?

*LOL * -- I doubt they'll ever go there, but you never know its possible.

There is a major update due out shortly which a lot of insiders have been testing.

You may want to hold off on any drastic decisions because you just never know what surprises may be install. They do listen to feedback too, so the more people who give them feedback the higher the priority the issue raised gets.

Ask a Question