Make all fonts darker and bold

Reaction score
In what context? All programs such as word processors [Word, WordPerfect, Lotus WordPro, OpenOffice, LibreOffice, etc.], spreadsheets, etc., have choices for Fonts such as Bold, Italic, etc., in a dropdown menu.

Reaction score
I had one system where the font seemed to be inappropriate since it was weak and hard to read in many situations.

You might open the Control Panel and go to the Fonts section. There is an "Adjust Clear Type Text" which will take you through a process to make your text look better and darker.

I have no idea why this one system had the problem but it started after I think one of the last two Windows 10 build upgrades.

Reaction score
My text is light gray, I am a Senior and am having issues with Windows 10 and the way they have decided black text is not needed. I need it and so do many others. I also find it quite disturbing that Microsoft cannot address this issue via an update. Please give us back black text. Thank you.

Reaction score
I brought my laptop to a Microsoft store....no fix I'm told since Microsoft did away with the 3 shades of gray to 2.....they need to bring back that 3rd and most needed shade to correct this issue. There is no other fix.
I walked out extremely dissappointed

Reaction score
Appears things with Windows haven't changed much in a year and a half. And it affects Notebook/Laptop and Desktop displays and the manufacturers of such.

Reaction score
That's what I was told at the Microsoft store. It seems to me that there are many users whom need to have this light text corrected....and Microsoft doesn't even address this issue... clear text fix is not a fix at all not is high contrast a fix. Only Microsoft can fix this issue.

Ask a Question