Deleting Items On Bottom Task Bar Question, Please

Reaction score
Microsoft tech chat could NOT help me delete Microsoft Edge - he said that it is there permanently. It came up just a couple weeks ago and there is NO Unpin available and in the icon either. It is a memory hog which slows my computer down to the point of having to reboot every couple days which in itself is a nuisance as I cannot find a way around having to put my password in each time...
Microsoft Edge is not hogging memory by simply being on your task bar. It sounds as if you want to delete Edge completely. It is part of the OS and you cannot do that.

Reaction score
Update: Spoke with a Microsoft tech who, after 45 minutes and browsing inside my computer first told me it was NOT Edge but Bing. After going through everything in my computer he finally found out how to take it out of the search box.
Don't think it helped as something is still slowing my computer down to where I have to reboot every three days. Have searched everywhere but cannot find the culprit. I have Disabled everything that is in the start-up to no avail. As Edge is still in my computer and cannot be deleted, I wonder if it is still sapping my memory?

Reaction score
Microsoft Edge is the web browser recommended by Microsoft and is the default web browser for Windows. Because Windows supports applications that rely on the web platform, our default web browser is an essential component of our operating system and can't be uninstalled. ---Microsoft

Reaction score
That is what I was told. Question? Is Microsoft Edge sapping my memory? Every three days I have to reboot because something is taking all my memory and I cannot find the culprit. All of the startup thingies have been disabled but still something is taking up all my memory. Anyone know where to find the offending program?

Ask a Question