Duplicated startups

Reaction score
Of the 35 autorun entries on my Win 10 PC, six startups are duplicated. An example is visible in this extract from a CCleaner screenshot shown here: Core Temp.

AutorunsDuplicated.jpg

Presumably 'Common' means 'All users' and 'Startup user' means just my own user account.

Can I safely delete one of them? If so, which one, given that I'm the sole user with Admin rights?

Typically, how would the duplicates have arisen? I'm guessing careless setting on my part?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reaction score
If they have a different key I would not delete them. I assume those entries are startup entries. Do not let CCleaner let them delete but take a look at the startup settings via msconfig. There you could at least uncheck them and see if that has an influence on your system. If it has you still can check them again and all is well. If you let ccleaner delete them they are gone for good.
This is one of the reasons I do not use programs like that as it can make the system useless and no longer functioning...

Ask a Question