Unexpected random shutdowns and startups of my PC w. Windows 10

Reaction score
I have been experiencing unexpected random shut downs and start ups of my PC with Windows 10. The shutdowns start with a message the computer goes to sleep mode, followed by shut down. When I shut down computer it starts by itself after some time. During night time I hear the computer starts and shuts down in random intervals. I am concerned there may be some mall ware in the computer although I have Kaspersky Total Security loaded on my computer. I also speculate it might be some stupid setting on my PS scheduler. I was trying to find the PC scheduler however do not know how to fid it.

Reaction score
Some possibilities: In SETTINGS>WINDOWS UPDATE: Check CHANGE ACTIVE HOURS and RESTART OPTIONS. Also, do you have any kind of backup program and/or virus checker set to scan at night? Windows does it's own housekeeping when the system is idle. Type Task Scheduler in the search box to access scheduled tasks.

Ask a Question