SOLVED F5 Refresh doesn't work with Windows 10.

Reaction score
Seems to work on my W10 desktop (10586.318) Keyboard Logitech cordless K520

Just refreshing the in-focus window

Reaction score
Thanks Tim, I am using an HP laptop and it has never worked since I upgraded to Windows 10. I can't imagine I am the only one having this problem.

Reaction score
I just tried on my Lenovo laptop ( Insider build) Works on Chrome, Firefox, Edge and File explorer and probably some other stuff. I tend not to use any Function keys so I had to try it.

On the Lenovo I have to hold down a Fn key for the Function keys to work.

Reaction score
Thank you Tim, I held the fn key down and my F5 worked. I never even realize it was there and I had to use it to get the function keys to work. With Windows 8, they just worked whenever I tried them. You have make my day. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Thanks Tim, I am using an HP laptop and it has never worked since I upgraded to Windows 10. I can't imagine I am the only one having this problem.

Some laptops have a hot key option that can be toggled in the BIOS.

You may need to press the FN + F5 key. If you want it to work with just F5, change it in the BIOS.

You may also need a BIOS Update to ensure compatibility with Windows 10 (if HP has one).

Update: I never saw the solution posted before making my recommendation

Reaction score
I just tried on my Lenovo laptop ( Insider build) Works on Chrome, Firefox, Edge and File explorer and probably some other stuff. I tend not to use any Function keys so I had to try it.

On the Lenovo I have to hold down a Fn key for the Function keys to work.

awesome! thanks this works. i was worried at first.

Reaction score
I believe you have to use the Fn F5 key to refresh all Laptops because in most cases the "F" keys have dual functions to reduce keyboard size.

Reaction score
Some laptops have a hot key option that can be toggled in the BIOS.

You may need to press the FN + F5 key. If you want it to work with just F5, change it in the BIOS.

You may also need a BIOS Update to ensure compatibility with Windows 10 (if HP has one).

Update: I never saw the solution posted before making my recommendation
worked with the FN + F5 key thanks a lot brother

Reaction score
You may need to press the FN + F5 key. If you want it to work with just F5, change it in the BIOS. You may also need a BIOS Update to ensure compatibility with Windows 10
Does anyone know how to get the F5 refresh key to work with Windows 10?

Reaction score
Hi, I have the issue when start Windows 10 , the login always need to try many time to login, I saw internet show how to solve this login issues, need save mode & F5 key to chose the function, But my laptop F5 is broken, not working.
whether can change F5 key to other key on the laptop keyboard?

Ask a Question