SOLVED File Name Warning on boot up

Reaction score
OS (C) Program change.jpg
Hello! I keep getting this warning. I don't know if it is spam or real. What should I do? I don't, in fact, have a folder described in the warning. What I have i have attached a screenshot of.
File folder name alert.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks very suspicious.
I would first do a search for the folder mentioned - There should not be any such there, unless you created it. If it is an empty folder, delete it.
You should also look under the start-up tab in the task manager, and see if there is anything there which should not be. Post a clip on the forum, if you are uncertain.

Reaction score
I seem to have encountered that not long ago.

I think I was creating BATCH files and the system could not read the PATH to continue the process. For instance, "C:\Program Files\xxx." The space after Program was causing the problem. If that's the case, simple rename C:\Program Files\xxx to C:\Progra~1\xxx or C:\Program Files (86)\xxx to C:\Progra~2\xxx. You can try checking your system in this direction.

Reaction score
One possibility is that you have a file called "Program" in the root folder of your C:\ drive. If this is the case, either let Windows rename the file or just check the box marked "Don't perform this check at startup".

Ben

Reaction score
I think, as it has detected it (assuming it was a ms detection!) that it is running. I may not be possible to rename it with the option shown in the popup.

Reaction score
Thank you, davehc, hello10, and Ben Myers. I couldn’t find a folder named simply, “Program”, in the C:\ drive, so I just checked the “Don’t perform this check at startup” box and hit “Enter.” The dialogue box disappeared. We’ll see what happens on future startups. I appreciate the advice.

Ask a Question