GPO script policies not working on Windows 10 1809

TnF

Reaction score
It seems group policies under Local Group Policy Editor>Computer configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Scripts are not working in Windows 10 version 1809. Back in 1803 they worked perfectly fine.

I can confirm that they can be set and the changes are shown in the registry (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System) but the system does not care about them and uses default settings.

More importantly i want the "Specify maximum wait time for group policy scripts" to work since it prevents my PC restarting or shutting down unless 600 seconds (aka 10 minutes which is the default value - which is a ridiculously long value and Microsoft should use a more appropriate default value like 5 seconds) of uptime has passed, as this PC is under a domain which is not always accessible as i am not always connected to the domain network.

Back in 1803 i had this policy set to 1 second to prevent this issue. Now none of the policy settings there work anymore.

Anyone found a fix or should i downgrade back to 1803?

Reaction score
Is it possible the version of Win10 may be important to know, Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education, for running GPO?

Ask a Question