software installation via gpo

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to deploy software to my Windows 10 computers via gpo. My environment is as follows.

DC - Windows 2012 r2
File Server - Windows 2012 r2
Cient computers - Windows 10 Pro, with the firewall and uac turned off.

on the file server there is a deploy folder that is shared. for test purposes the share and ntfs permissions are set to everyone - full control.

a new gpo to deploy software is setup. The security permissions for this is everyone full control. The scope for this gpo is everyone, authenticated users, domain computers.

When I do a gpupdate /force and restart the computer the gpo fails the software installation with the error 'Network Access is denied'.

The event viewer shows: Event ID 1085, Event Source: Microsoft Windows Group Policy, Local ID: 2057.

This might be nothing, but the local administrators group has the domain admins group added, but if a domain admin logs in and tries to manually install the software, I get permissions issue and the installation aborts. If I login as the local administrator account, I can carry out the installation.

Ask a Question