SOLVED Power Chute software won't Install

Reaction score
I am unable to install the .exe file for Power Chute Software which is my Power back-up program. When I click on it on my Dell desktop I get the window that asks me if I want to allow changes to
my computer. I click YES and nothing happens, period.

I can install it on my HP laptop which has Windows 10 also and it will install just fine.

I thought it might be my security software that is causing the problem but I realize that my laptop has the very same security software (Malwarebytes and McAfee Live) so that is not the problem. It has to be my Dell computer.

I check my register and there is no software showing for APC that I can find.

Help, please. I don't want to call Microsoft even though I have Paid Elevated Support you have to talk to first level support before you are allowed to get the benefits of what you have paid for and they always create more problems than you are presently having..

Thanks
Tom

Last edited:
Reaction score
Type in CMD and select run as admin
Copy and Paste each tool and let it run

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
SFC /scannow
chkdsk /f C:

This should repair any system files that could be preventing you from installing Power Chute latest version

Reaction score
Clintlgm, I ran all of these tools as administrator and this did not correct the problem.

Any other suggestion.

Thanks

Reaction score
if you right click the *exe try the compatibility troubleshooting. This should work i have it running on all 4 of my computers. The issue is with your computer. let's search up some windows installer fixes

Reaction score
Well I dug through all my saved software disc and found the original installation Cd that came with the back-ups machine. It installed perfectly with no problem except I got a message that it needs an update.

Now this is confusing because the executed installation software file would not install on my Dell desktop but it did
install on my HP Laptop just fine. Then now the installation CD will install.

What do you think this tells us about this situation? Sort of puzzling.

Reaction score
I am going to call APC tomorrow and ask them if there is anything wrong with their software, but evidently not since
it installs on my laptop with windows 10 Pro. My desktop has Windows 10 Home because that is what came on it
when I bought it last year.

Reaction score
Yes, the issue is with that particular computer and OS condition something is blocking it. You sure your AV Malware are not blocking it?

Reaction score
I stopped Malwarebytes and it still would not load. There is no way that I know of to temporarily stop McAfee Live security. I will call McAfee tomorrow and see if it can be temporarily stopped and try to see if that is the problem.
Don't look like to me they would allow me to install it from the original instillation CD if it is the culprit.

I am calling APC tomorrow and will also check with McAfee tomorrow because I would like to know what the problem is even though I have it installed now from the original installation CD disc and it is working fine. It just tells me I need an update but I can't see how to get it on their site other than by downloading the most current download which is the one on their site that will not install.

I will post tomorrow the results of what I find out. Even though I have it installed I want to know why I have the problem when trying to install the software that I download from APC.com.

Thanks

Reaction score
My security (Malwarebytes and McAfee Live Safe) is not the problem. I figured out to stop both of these
programs / downloaded the software from APC's website / Tried to install and same results. Nothing happened
after the installer window that asked if I wanted to allow this program to make changes to my computer. I checked yes and there was no further action of any kind.....

I don't think it is the software but still don't understand why my computer will install it from the original installation
CD but not the downloaded software from APC.com.

Still working on this and not going to give up even though I have the software installed from the CD and it is working
perfectly. I want to know why it will not install from the APC.com downloaded software. I will be calling them
Today when it get's opening time. Going to Bed. Goodnight and God bless and rest well.

Thanks for hanging in there with me to try to get this problem figured out.

I might have to end up calling Microsoft again but I am just afraid they will screw it up again even though I pay them for elevated support which is impossible to even get to that level.

Tom

Reaction score
Yes if you get lucky with a Tech from APC you might get this solved they may have run into the issue before. It almost sounds like something is changing something in the download from APC are the version different? They haven't upgraded their software in a long time.

Reaction score
Both are the same vs. 3.0 but the one on their site is the one with the update in it.
Tom

Reaction score
I spent over 3 hours on remote connection with Dell Paid Tech Support Premium and could never get my Dell
computer to allow me to install this .exe file downloaded from apc.com website. I finally had to reinstall the older
version from my installation CD. Still could not install the latest updated vs from apc.com

During my tries at one time I got this message on my computer which looked strange:

"Search appc>com Note says: "This site is not secure in red letters" Continue "We would love to show you this but this site would not allow us to show you a
description for this page" Software/Firmware.........Close this tab or More information.

After getting this window automatically without me asking or searching for anything at the time, I then hit the
windows button and typed in appc.com and got the same thing.

Hit start button and type in apcc.com and pull up the web search and you will see what I mean.

I think that something in Dell's system will not allow this to load because it thinks this website is scan etc. It will load on my HP laptop and my HP Surface.

I am at this point just waiting to see if APP.com will do anything about this conflick in their page.

Tom

Reaction score
Here is the notice that came on my computer. I hit PrtScn and printed the screen. UnSafe Site001.jpg

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought it was strange. Why does it show as not secure in google when you google apcc.com. Do that and look what it shows.

Reaction score
Did you try the link I gave you? If so did that download fail to install also?
I google Apc.com, not Apcc.com?

When I did a google search on Apcc.com it automatically went to the APC home site

Reaction score
The hyperlink you gave me was the same one I have used all along and it would download to my download files but when I clicked on it to execute it brought up the window that asked if I wanted to allow it to make changes to my
computer. Yes or No. I clicked on Yes and the hour glass was momentary and then nothing else happened.

Google apcc.com like I said and you will see what I am talking about.

Tom

Reaction score
google on APCC just bring up APC Homepage. no warning perhaps
you need to look into what you are using for AV Malware.
I have tried this APCC.com on 3 windows 10 Pro Build 16299.371. find no issues. All three of my Windows 10 computers are running APC power chute 3.0.2 without issues downloaded from the very same link I gave you.
So you have some issue with that Particular computer it's not a windows 10 issue
So you either have malware or Virus preventing or the software its self is preventing the install,
That's the only thing I can think of that would cause your issue

Ask a Question