Device driver update software

Reaction score
Is there a free utility for finding, downloading and updating device drivers? Everyone I find does not do everything, without requesting a payment.

Anyone know of one?

Reaction score
Is there a free utility for finding, downloading and updating device drivers? Everyone I find does not do everything, without requesting a payment.

Anyone know of one?

That is gonna be a hard task without paying for it. The problem though is that some of those driver updater programs not only install drivers without asking but old drivers as well (I used to have IO-Bit). It took me a long time to get my PC straight again. As mentioned, I rather rely on drivers from the manufacturers of the device or the manufacturer of the PC.

Reaction score
I assume you have opened Device Manger and right clicked on the installed devices and selected update driver. As Bighorn mentioned, the manufacturers websites are the best. You could try "Driver Easy" it's free, but I don't know if it will assist in what your looking for.

Reaction score

Anyone know of one?

try to use iObit Driver Booster Pro program. it's the best program for updating ur device drivers...so fast on downloading and updating. i use it from 2012 and no problems has found.

Reaction score
Sry but IObit will mess up a computer faster than anything else except maybe Norton. (The software not the forum user. LOL) I have worked on many systems that IObit has messed up.

Reaction score
I currently use IOBit driver booster 6 pro but it’s becoming bloatware offering to boost games & stating my PC has XX amount of junk files & offering to clean them - advertising their other software. On the rare occasion it’ll offer an update which breaks the device; recently it offered an update for Synaptics device driver which removed the ability to turn off the touchpad on my laptop & constantly stated my PC required a restart. I restored with Macrium.

Reaction score
IObit driver booster - have used that one, and timer after time discovered that it always lists that all of my older hardware needs to be updated - even after it already "updated" it.
The big carrot on the stick is that will "speed up the system". BLAH BLAH hogwash.
It updated many drivers with a driver which was for a different model of hardware with the same name, and of course more recent date.
New date does not mean new driver.
Do not trust any 3d party Driver updater or PC fixer upper software.
The discovered problems and "extremely old" drivers are aimed to panic you into paying for the fix.
Drivers - download only from manufacturers sites. Windows 10 Device manager does this for you.
If is says the best driver is already installed, it is.
If your old hardware works with old drivers, leave it be.

Reaction score
IOBit has given me incorrect drivers & I discovered they’re old compared to updating via official manufacturer’s websites, I ended up losing features due to DB.
I use DriverEasy as my PC manufacturer’s website offers nothing newer than 2016 yet there’s been updates by nVidia, Intel & Realtek amongst others - I download via the device manufacturer first (Graphics mainly), then the driver updater.
All drivers are Microsoft signed so are OK imo.

Reaction score
Saw the issue again today, Slimware, gives most of the driver problems I've run into.

Reaction score

Anyone know of one?
I usually have my people use FREE iobit Driver Booster, and it does a pretty good job.

Reaction score
I usually have my people use FREE iobit Driver Booster, and it does a pretty good job.
yeah, screwing up the computer. That's all it is good for. I even used "driver booster pro" (a giveaway) at some point. As stated above, never again as it took me a long time to get the correct drivers. Those programs are simply and plain placebo's...

Reaction score
Sorry you feel that way, i have not had any of my (Free Users) complain, and I use it personal myself, that is why I recommend.

Ask a Question