Had to go back to 7

Reaction score
Last week I converted to Windows 10 after being told back when 10 was first released on here to wait until most of the bugs had been sorted. Well they have not sorted the problems for me. We are told that all our old programs that worked on 7/8 would still work on 10 but many of mine did not. Despite trying all the different methods of compatibility available. I contacted one of companies that I had purchased from and was told that the program I had will not work on 10. Microsoft seem to have changed the way video works in 10. Many of my games came up in the old square format as found in earlier computers. Some had video drivers missing and other video parts missing for the games to work as they did on 7.
Where is Internet Explorer, why is that not available. Edge cannot accept Addblocker yet, Why!!! this should have been sorted before 10 was released as many surfers prefer an add blocker for searching or logging on to programs.
When I reverted back to 7 after two frustrating days on 10 I found my computer was not working as it should and had to spend a good few hours to sort it out. Very disappointed with Microsoft for claiming Windows 10 will work all your old programs when they obviously do not.
Staying with 7.

Reaction score
Microsoft never said all programs would work with Windows 10. All XP programs didn't work in 7. All of Windows 7 programs worked in 8 because 8 WAS 7, without a start menu, and the dumb tile interface shoehorned in. They said most programs that work in 7 and 8 would work in 10. A lot of it is on the software vendors to update their programs, and hardware vendors to update their drivers.

IE is included in Windows 10. Click the search next to the start button, and type internet explorer. Right click on it and pin to taskbar. Now you have IE.

Windows 10 isn't for everyone, or every PC.

Reaction score
I'm thinking this is more of an Administrative issue. With each new OS there has been changes in how the OS treats applications on an Administrative level. I've ran into a few applications that did not run to it's fullest. After setting the application to "run as Administrator" in properties the glitches went away. I'm not saying this is a fix all solution but it has worked for me.

I've yet to find an application I couldn't get to run in Windows 7 or Windows 10. That is other than the 16-bit applications (that definitely will not run on a 64-bit OS) from lack of WoW 16-bit Mode previously used in 32-bit systems.

Reaction score
Microsoft state on the 3rd page of the info we find at the foot of our computers start up bar that Windows 10 is 'designed to work with the hardware and software you use'
This is their statement of fact as I see it.
Why should program/game suppliers have to change their past products design when Microsoft cannot make their new system compatible.

Reaction score
Why should program/game suppliers have to change their past products design when Microsoft cannot make their new system compatible.
I understand what you are saying, but with that statement you might as well be tying MS hands and preventing them from designing a new OS.

Reaction score
Microsoft state on the 3rd page of the info we find at the foot of our computers start up bar that Windows 10 is 'designed to work with the hardware and software you use'
This is their statement of fact as I see it.
The key words are "designed to". Vendors still need to update drivers. Remember, Windows went from DirectX11 to 12. There was all the telemetry added. A new browser was added.

No one's forcing you to stay with Windows 10. It's not for everyone. I've had small issues with every OS upgrade. I've had relatively few with this one.

Reaction score
Sinceyou’ve upgraded within a month, you can uninstall Windows 10 and downgrade your PC back to its original Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 operating system by using the rollback button. To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”
You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back. if it’s been more than a month, you should be able to revert back as long as you keep the Windows.old folder. If no Windows.old folder, you can still reinstall the version of Windows that came with your PC using fresh installation media and its product key. More information: http://www.backup-utility.com/windows-10/downgrade-laptop-windows-10-4348i.html

DG.

Reaction score
BUT THE FORCE WINDOWS 10 ON US BECAUSE IT COMES WITH MOST COMPUTERS NOW A DAYS.

I HATE WINDOWS 10

I have had my new pc for a week and a half. My old pc had windows 7.

Biggest problem for me is the WHOLE SET UP!

its a COMPUTER

not a tablet or mobile!

Updates on its own
Updates are slow
Updates ruin files and themes set up
I HATE HAVING TO CHANGE MY COLOR THEME EVERY TIME IT UPDATES!
required password at start up
some reason it has two users (my name and my email) and it says password failed (I NEVER WANTED TO SETUP A USER I AM THE ONLY USER!)
I removed option to start up with password and still does not work
NO CLASSIC VIEW!!!! (must be added)
STUPID APPS (must have option to hide)
SWIPE SCREEN (don't get me started that's just stupid)
OUR PC'S are NOT MOBILE PHONES OR TABLETS!i
WHAT THE HECK HAS MICROSOFT DONE?
This dump junk is making me consider Linux or Apple! (I can't believe I'm saying that)

I WANT THIS JUNK REMOVED. MICROSOFT SHOULD GIVE US A COMPLIMENTARY WINDOWS 7 TO THOSE LIKE ME WHO BOUGHT A NEW PC AND IS NOW STUCK WITH GARBAGE AND FRUSTRATED BEYOND WORDS.

I HAVE AN AWESOME PC RUNNING ON JUNK!

I REPEAT ITS A *****COMPUTER*****

NOT A MOBILE PHONE OR TABLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a tablet (thankfully not a windows version) and a smart phone (thankfully not a windows either). I avoided window tablets or mobile because of this stupid lay out and now that Microsoft couldn't convince us of using their portables they stick this junk on our

COMPUTERS