SOLVED How can they do this?????

Reaction score
Thanks, Virginia. Much appreciated.

Since it seems there's only the two of us on this thread, may I change topics?

Reaction score
Okay. You seem very knowledgeable about all this tech stuff so.................................After the new installation of W-10, I started having "tabs" at the top of my page. They line up side by side as I open new windows. My IT guy set up my computer so it was the way I liked from back in W-7 where each page I opened would open up in a new window. I'd prefer it that way because I forget and "X" out and loose the 4 or 5 pages I've got open. Can you tell me how can I change that back to one page per URL?

Reaction score
Before getting you into something new! I had never heard of carbonite, until I read this thread. I have been reading their homepage and, it seems, even with the basic plan, they should have a bacbup of your original configuration in their "Cloud" storage. Have they not answered your request yet?

Quote your post "I've been on the phone with Carbonite and I "think" they can help some, but I just have the basic package which doesn't back up stuff on the C:Drive."

Reaction score
In my opinion the OS should be the basic package. But that is just me.
The basic package, is what you have subscribed to with Carboite. As I suggested, this should include a copy on their cloud, of your original setup - complete. But I dont know how or when they complete their backups. You could be correct.

Reaction score
Okay. You seem very knowledgeable about all this tech stuff so.................................After the new installation of W-10, I started having "tabs" at the top of my page. They line up side by side as I open new windows. My IT guy set up my computer so it was the way I liked from back in W-7 where each page I opened would open up in a new window. I'd prefer it that way because I forget and "X" out and loose the 4 or 5 pages I've got open. Can you tell me how can I change that back to one page per URL?

It doesn’t seem possible unfortunately. You can right click on a tab & choose to open in a new windows it the result may not be what you want.
I have turned on the option to warn me when closing all tabs.
Open Edge & click on the three dots, then choose Settings, click on Appearance & choose ‘Ask before closing all tabs. Once enabled you’ll see a popup asking if you want to close all tabs.

Reaction score
I am guessing you have Edge in the taskbar?

Clumsy, but, whatI do if I wish to retain a tab in its own window, is right click Edge in the taskbar and select ir again, then open the wanted tab in the second edge .. and so on.
Eg:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay, thanks. folks. Got all my programs back but have to reinstall them myself. Carbonite is a total wast of my money.............at least the basic plan I have. I'm going to look into the program Virginia suggested. As far as my tab problem, I'll just wait until my IT guy gets home from his vacation. So as far as I'm concerned, I'll check this thread off as"resolved" and be through with it. Adios.

Reaction score
I am guessing you have Edge in the taskbar?

Clumsy, but, whatI do if I wish to retain a tab in its own window, is right click Edge in the taskbar and select ir again, then open the wanted tab in the second edge .. and so on.
Eg:
I only have Edge in the taskbar when the browser is open.