How to get PC to support Miracast

Reaction score
How can a software solves a problem when the hardware can't? The problem is with the hardware does not support the miracast, I've been searching for a hardware to buy for months but it seems there is no solution.
"Airmypc software resolves the problem all problems it can show your desktop pc on tv, then you don't need anythings

Reaction score
How can a software solves a problem when the hardware can't? The problem is with the hardware does not support the miracast, I've been searching for a hardware to buy for months but it seems there is no solution.
my dear if you want only show you pc on tv, this simple problem,i have same status< if y device not support miracast yow can show pc on tv, please connect with me on watssup 00963937774555

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe and understand how the so-called help and or experts on this forum are incapable or to ignorant to grasp a simple issue/problem and give an answer or ANY useful help/suggestion ! So here goes: NOW LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY , the issue/problem IS miracast NOT SUPPORTED by a WINDOWS 10 OEM OR UPGRADED LAPTOP OR DESKTOP : I am trying to cast to my amazon firestick from one of laptops so what hardware do I/we need to cast from said laptop/desktop to do that . I/we are not looking for a dongle OR receiver that plugs into the DISPLAY/TV which "I probably shouldn't use the term (ALL)" of you again so-called expert/support techs try to pass off as a resolution to the issue/problem AS IT DOES ABSOLUTLY NO GOOD TO RECCOMAND A WIRELESS DISPLAY ADAPTER RECIEVER WHEN OUR LAPTOP/DESKTOPS GIVE A 'NOW LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY AGAIN MIRACAST NOT SUPPORTED'!!! ERROR what we are hoping for is that one of the a for mentioned so-called experts or non -tech support personnel can open their closed minds and actually provide some HELP !!! hopefully thank you in advanced for some actual help

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe and understand how the so-called help and or experts on this forum are incapable or to ignorant to grasp a simple issue/problem and give an answer or ANY useful help/suggestion ! So here goes: NOW LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY , the issue/problem IS miracast NOT SUPPORTED by a WINDOWS 10 OEM OR UPGRADED LAPTOP OR DESKTOP : I am trying to cast to my amazon firestick from one of laptops so what hardware do I/we need to cast from said laptop/desktop to do that . I/we are not looking for a dongle OR receiver that plugs into the DISPLAY/TV which "I probably shouldn't use the term (ALL)" of you again so-called expert/support techs try to pass off as a resolution to the issue/problem AS IT DOES ABSOLUTLY NO GOOD TO RECCOMAND A WIRELESS DISPLAY ADAPTER RECIEVER WHEN OUR LAPTOP/DESKTOPS GIVE A 'NOW LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY AGAIN MIRACAST NOT SUPPORTED'!!! ERROR what we are hoping for is that one of the a for mentioned so-called experts or non -tech support personnel can open their closed minds and actually provide some HELP !!! hopefully thank you in advanced for some actual help
This is literally almost a 3 year old thread. that hasn't had a reply in a year and a half. And your attitude is not helpful.

Reaction score
As far as I can tell Windows 10 supports Miracast natively. When I had Windows 7 on my Dell Zino HD 400 PC from 2009 I couldn't get Miracast. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro X64 (Not an upgrade) and Miracast worked flawlessly. It could be some incompatibility with your WIFI drivers because Miracast relies on WIFI direct. It should be noted that I also am using a new Realtek AC600 USB WIFI dongle on this because I couldn't get the Dell's built-in WIFI to work with Windows 10.

Reaction score
I agree with and feel for you! I've been searching the web for pages and pages and most people are promoting putting a device on the TV!

I have the home edition of Windows 10 - would the PRO version perform any differently

Reaction score
I agree with and feel for you! I've been searching the web for pages and pages and most people are promoting putting a device on the TV!

I have the home edition of Windows 10 - would the PRO version perform any differently

If for movies and other media content, I found a bit of a solution. I had miracast support on my graphics and TV but for some reason, TV wouldn't show up when "connect to a wireless display" is selected.

• I therefore fired up windows media player and selected cast to device
  • Selected cast to device
  • Selected device and yep, it's working on my TV.
The pics below indicate some views for easy assistance and I hope I helped.

NB: The device had already been added under devices in settings of my pc

Attachments

• Miracst-0.jpg
    Miracst-0.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 242
  • Miracst0.jpg
    Miracst0.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Miracst1.jpg
    Miracst1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 248
  • Miracst00.jpg
    Miracst00.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 260
Reaction score
If for movies and other media content, I found a bit of a solution. I had miracast support on my graphics and TV but for some reason, TV wouldn't show up when "connect to a wireless display" is selected.

• I therefore fired up windows media player and selected cast to device
  • Selected cast to device
  • Selected device and yep, it's working on my TV.
The pics below indicate some views for easy assistance and I hope I helped.

NB: The device had already been added under devices in settings of my pc

I have later on realised the signal strength might be key since upon selecting connect from notification area, my TV can only be seen when laptop is drawn closer to it and loses signal when taken further. Your pc's wireless counts

Ask a Question