How to get PC to support Miracast

Reaction score
So I just got a new LG smart TV that has a screen share mode. I wanted to use it but apparently my PC doesn't support miracast.

How do I get miracast support? I'm sure all my drivers are up to date, but i'll check again. Here's my dxdiag, I couldn't get much info from it. I'm not sure why it's not supported, and I don't have much knowledge on the issue.

Dxdiag

Could someone who knows more about this help me out?I can get the TV to show up in Devices under settings, but I can't project to it. Does my second monitor have anything to do with it?

Reaction score
Your system appears to support Miracast. Have you checked the TV?

I have never been able to get Miracast to work but I did get WiDi to work after I purchased a special device to plug into my Sony Bravia Wireless TV.

Tomorrow I will check my ASUS motherboard install to see if it can do Miracast in Windows 7 or 8.1. I can't run Windows 10 on it because of Blue Screens.

Reaction score
The TV shows up in Devices, so windows can pick it up. But when i go to Connect in the action centre on windows it literally says "Your PC or tablet does not support Miracast, so it cannot project wirelessly."

I just want to know why it can't and what I need to do so it does.

Reaction score
So your TV shows up under the Wireless devices from the Project menu? Are there any settings on the TV to set it for such a connection?

WiDi2.jpg

Reaction score
The [LG] webOS TV LF5900 is the TV. I can't right click on the button. If I click it it just drops down giving a 'remove device' option.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I get the same as above when I choose connect from the notification icon, but....
When I browse to a video (.mov) or image file (.jpg) file on my computer and choose cast to... my Sony Bravia (which is network connected not Bluetooth) shows up and seems to work flawlessly.
It may have something to do with the file format.

Screenshot (7).png

Reaction score
My system will do the same as Troubles's but I don't have any movies to test. It does Cast photos.

The WiDi/Miracast system will project the desktop to a device just like it is physically connected as a second Monitor. Your second monitor may be involved but I know WiDi is very particular about the Wireless adapter being used. I have an Intel Wireless AC 7260 and the Intel chip with HD 4600 Graphics capability. I notice you do not have an option on the bottom of your screen to find wireless devices.

I am still a little confused as to exactly how Miracast and WiDi fit together but I read one site which said Miracast uses WiDi to connect. And that takes special software for WiDi which Dell has on its support site.

WiDi3.jpg

Reaction score
Yea so my processor (i5-2500k) doesn't support wireless display. What a load of shit.
Is there something I buy to can plug into my computer (and not the bloody TV) that will let me support wireless display?

Edit: K so it looks like you gotta get a wireless adapter that supports wireless display. And I guess the one I got now doesn't. So hopefully that's problem solved.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting your other monitor or setting your system to use just the one display? I remember something that did not work with multiple displays but I don't remember if this was it.

The 2500K does do Intel HD 2000 graphics. That is certainly an older version but may work.

There is a list of Intel Wireless adapters which are acceptable and are not that expensive, I will try to find it. What are you using now?

Edit: I found this page which does seem to indicate your processor will not work in Windows 10. Maybe some other information on the page will be helpful.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/96960

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yea so my processor (i5-2500k) doesn't support wireless display. What a load of shit.
Is there something I buy to can plug into my computer (and not the bloody TV) that will let me support wireless display?

Edit: K so it looks like you gotta get a wireless adapter that supports wireless display. And I guess the one I got now doesn't. So hopefully that's problem solved.
View attachment 2109

Screenbeam Wireless Display Kit by Actiontec will work with any HDMI TV

Reaction score
I had this problem on an older desktop computer that had a 2nd generation I7 processor and a 2011-era motherboard. The solution was simple. It required upgrading the hardware, primarily the display adapter and the wireless network adapter. My research showed that I needed an Nvidia display adapter that had the "Maxwell" technology and an Intel based network adapter. I was able to resolve all of my Miracast problems by getting an Nvidia Geforce GTX 950 video card and an Intel Desktop Wireless Adapter-AC-7260. After installing both items, Miracast started working.

S

SamZone

Did you find the solution to the problem?
Because it is the same problem that i have encountered in my laptop that says "Your PC or mobile device doesn't support miracast, so it cannot project wirelessly"
My Acer V5 laptop has been upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10.
Pls answer!

Reaction score
Hello
I bought a new android TV and i would like to use Miracast. My pc report said "Miracast: Available, with HDCP".
What this mean? Do i need a wifi card? or a Bluetooth device?
Note : my pc is connected to the internet via Ethernet.
Please help

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Fujitsu notebook T731 and I need to stream my movies to my Samsung TV. I also have miracast dongle attached to my TV and I have no problem connecting it to my android phone. I ran dxdiag on my laptop and it says ( Miracast not supported), what should I do? do I need to buy something or do something to make my laptop support miracast?

Reaction score
Press Windows + R key to open the Run box and type 'dxdiag". You can see display devices. In this you can find press Ctrl + F "miracast" You can check your device support miracast or not. If you don't get then, you have another option that you can use a miracast adapter for screen mirroring. It is a useful tool; you can connect to pc, tv, laptop, anywhere. It can give you the excellent result.

Reaction score
Press Windows + R key to open the Run box and type 'dxdiag". You can see display devices. In this you can find press Ctrl + F "miracast" You can check your device support miracast or not. If you don't get then, you have another option that you can use a miracast adapter for screen mirroring. It is a useful tool; you can connect to pc, tv, laptop, anywhere. It can give you the excellent result.
Miracast adapter is for TV and not for PC, we are talking about our pc does not support miracast, how can I make it support?

Reaction score
Did you find the solution to the problem?
Because it is the same problem that i have encountered in my laptop that says "Your PC or mobile device doesn't support miracast, so it cannot project wirelessly"
My Acer V5 laptop has been upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10.
Pls answer!
It seems that there is no solution for this problem which I've been trying to fix for 2 months, I contacted Microsoft and they said " Use HDMI cable" and this is not what I am asking for. I contacted Fujitsu and they did not reply, my pc specs say that I have a built-in wireless display adapter but dxdiag says that " miracast is not supported".... very strange !!!

Reaction score
"Airmypc software resloves the problem. if you have a crack for this software please send me.....
How can a software solves a problem when the hardware can't? The problem is with the hardware does not support the miracast, I've been searching for a hardware to buy for months but it seems there is no solution.

Ask a Question