Miracast not supported - how to/what to buy

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am facing the problem with my desktop PC and miracast.
I have searched over the web for the last 4 days to find a solution to make it work, and what I guess I am just missing some kind of device in my PC to make a Miracast to work on it.

My TV is Samsung UE48H6400.
It does support Miracast, Screen Share/Mirroring and has WiFi-Direct.

I tried to cast miracast from my laptop (300£ worth Asus) to TV and it works perfect. Same from my Phone (Xiaomi MiMax Pro).
But from my much more expensive PC it wont work what makes me really mad..

When I click project, it says that My "PC does not support miracast."

I have checked in dxdiag : says twice it does not support it.

My GPU is GeForce 1060 Zotac 6gb.

CPU is i5 6600k

Mobo is : Asus Z170M-PLUS Intel Mobo

Windows 10 is updated to newest version.

Please any advice what am I missing in my PC and what should I buy to make it work?

My dongle is NetGear supporting 5g and 2g if that is important..

Maybe there are other ways to cast a PC screen to TV without "lag"?

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Both the WiFi dongle AND the video card have to support Miracast. My laptop has Intel video and an Intel WiFi M2 style card and that works. Desktop with Nvidia video and a selection of WiFi dongles just does not work. Intel has deprecated Miracast from its gear now as well.

I gave up on it and just bought a 12 foot HDMI cable for my laptop as even though it worked the laptop had difficulty receiving from the router and transmitting to the TV at the same time. But it has no problem using Ethernet and HDMI at the same time.

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Both the WiFi dongle AND the video card have to support Miracast. My laptop has Intel video and an Intel WiFi M2 style card and that works. Desktop with Nvidia video and a selection of WiFi dongles just does not work. Intel has deprecated Miracast from its gear now as well.

I gave up on it and just bought a 12 foot HDMI cable for my laptop as even though it worked the laptop had difficulty receiving from the router and transmitting to the TV at the same time. But it has no problem using Ethernet and HDMI at the same time.
Did you tried any wireless hdmi devices?
Amazon Fire Stick? Google Chrome?

There are so many options, but I am scared of that some of these devices cannot just cast PC screen to TV that easy, or if they can, there will be little lag, which will make playing games immpossible.
I think it has to be something using WiFi Direct, but I am not sure. Because WiFi direct works without internet connection, so sounds more like no lag..

Ask a Question