Miracast total failure

Reaction score
I have spent several hours trying to get my network to acknowledge and connect to the MS Display adapter 76 and a Yamaha RX-V59-D5F3D3 AV system. All other devices on my network connect with no difficulty.

Reaction score
Most likely you will find that Dxdiag tells you that either your video or your network does not support Miracast.

My Lenovo Ideapad which has Intel video and Intel Wifi does work.

My Desktop with Nvidia video and tplink wifi dongle can receive miracasts ( from the Ideapad ) but cannot cast.

I have the Microsoft display adapter mounted on a spare HDMI input on a Yamaha AVR After I install the adapter and downloaded the software from the Windows store I did have to update the firmware on the adapter.

So I got it to work BUT. The wifi (2.4 G) in the Lenovo is not fast enough to receive from my router and talk to the adapter smoothly without stuttering and audio dropouts. I tried connecting the pc to the router ethernet but I could not get the wifi to cast to the adapter while also running ethernet...maybe I did not set up correctly but as I already owned a 12 foot HDMI cable and the ideapad has an HDMI output....I just gave up on it.

Reaction score
The only way I could get Miracast to work is by using wifi direct (laptop to smart TV). Using the router didn't work. Same issue with a Windows laptop & Windows tablet. When it did connect, it overrides what the TV is doing & only way to reset is to turn the TV off & back on again. Easier to use an HDMI cable; 25ft.

Reaction score
My tv is not smart. It doesn't have wifi direct built in. Note that I connected my Microsoft Miracast receiver to a spare HDMI port on my AVR.

But I use the HDMI cable as I said above... lot to be said for a proper connection!

Ask a Question