Problems using wireless display (miracast)

Reaction score
Hi gang, I'll get straight to it. I have a wi-fi projector running an android operating system which has a "Wifi Display" app installed. When I run this app and try to "screen mirror" to it (Miracast) from my android phone everything goes smoothly: I open the Wifi Display app, activate mirroring on my phone and click "accept" on the projector. It lists my phone as connected, and then my phone's screen is mirrored to the projector.

I would like to connect the projector to my Asus Transformer T102HA (running Windows 10, with up-to-date drivers and dxdiag says Miracast is supported) but I am experiencing similar difficulties to the thread posted here. Although if I connect the projector by HDMI I am able to use the projector as an extra screen, when I try to connect to it as a Wireless Display, things don't work.

The projector recognises that the tablet is there, and lists it as "connected", but Windows keeps "connecting..." on the display menu and eventually gives up saying "Something went wrong". Oddly, the projector still sees the tablet as connected even after this.

I've tried updating drivers and rebooting both pieces of kit. I'm wondering what to try next.

Reaction score
Hi cold_matt,

there are several links on YT here, I hope you find something as I don't use it myself!:

:)

Ask a Question