Windows 10 causing framerate problems [Stuttering].. Don't know why. Help!

Reaction score
Hello!

I installed Windows 10 on my custom built, pretty high end pc a couple of weeks ago. Then a couple of days ago, when I logged in I noticed some some lag when I played games. I wondered what it could be and I had no idea, since my ping was great and my FPS was really high. So I tried to fix the problem, thinking it would be my new screen and a broken adapter or something. After plugging all my screens out and in, nothing changed.
After that I started looking into my other hardware, such as my GPU, CPU and Fans, and their cables.
My fans worked and my CPU was cool. The only thing I could think of was a broken GPU from the hardware aspect.
I also downgraded my W10 GPU drivers to the beta ones, and also tried all the ones after the beta. Nothing changed the problem.
I mixtured with different drivers but no solution was found.
So I considered buying a new GPU but before I did that I would try to go back to Windows 8.1.
And now that I went back to W8.1 everything is back to normal! And this is where i'm at right now.

Things I checked:
-Stable Ping
-Stable FPS
-Stable Monitors and Cables
-Stable GPU
-Stable CPU
-Stable Power Supply
-Stable Coolers

Things that may cause the problem that I have found:
-Unstable or not working drivers? I tried the beta drivers that had been working for me when I got W10, but it didn't work this time.
-My Nvidia GPU not working with windows 10?
-Dual screen technical issue? Unlikely, since I tried with only 1 screen.
-
Damaged Hardware. Unlikely, since I discovered the problem after my system had been shut of over the night.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
CPU: Intel Core i-7 3.6
60hz monitor 2x

/Ser1ous

Rab

Reaction score
Hello!
Hi Ludvig,You could try here.
http://www.howtogeek.com/135976/how-to-update-your-graphics-drivers-for-maximum-gaming-performance/

I hope this helps. Rab

I installed Windows 10 on my custom built, pretty high end pc a couple of weeks ago. Then a couple of days ago, when I logged in I noticed some some lag when I played games. I wondered what it could be and I had no idea, since my ping was great and my FPS was really high. So I tried to fix the problem, thinking it would be my new screen and a broken adapter or something. After plugging all my screens out and in, nothing changed.
After that I started looking into my other hardware, such as my GPU, CPU and Fans, and their cables.
My fans worked and my CPU was cool. The only thing I could think of was a broken GPU from the hardware aspect.
I also downgraded my W10 GPU drivers to the beta ones, and also tried all the ones after the beta. Nothing changed the problem.
I mixtured with different drivers but no solution was found.
So I considered buying a new GPU but before I did that I would try to go back to Windows 8.1.
And now that I went back to W8.1 everything is back to normal! And this is where i'm at right now.

Things I checked:
-Stable Ping
-Stable FPS
-Stable Monitors and Cables
-Stable GPU
-Stable CPU
-Stable Power Supply
-Stable Coolers

Things that may cause the problem that I have found:
-Unstable or not working drivers? I tried the beta drivers that had been working for me when I got W10, but it didn't work this time.
-My Nvidia GPU not working with windows 10?
-Dual screen technical issue? Unlikely, since I tried with only 1 screen.
-
Damaged Hardware. Unlikely, since I discovered the problem after my system had been shut of over the night.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
CPU: Intel Core i-7 3.6
60hz monitor 2x

/Ser1ous

Ask a Question