Screen Mirroring fails with Windows 10

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10 around December 2015. I recently bought a Samsung Smart TV. My computer and tv recognize each other and appear to be connected but whenever I go to Screen Mirroring it says that my TV timed out or is shows that they are connecting then my tv blips and says nothing or it says that screen mirroring has unexpectedly ended.

I have updated my Intel drivers and searched for solutions online. It appears that many people are having screen mirroring issues after upgrading to Windows 10. The issue seems to have gone on long enough for a solution to have been found, but I can't find one. I would have NEVER upgraded to Windows 10 had I known it still had these kinds of issues.

I'm hoping there is an answer out there that I just haven't found yet.

Thanks!

Reaction score
If you open the Notifications icon and look for the Project button in the Action Center, what happens if you select project to another screen. Does some wireless device show up which is capable?

I can project to a wireless device which is connected to the TV but I can't project to my Sony Smart TV.

Reaction score
It finds my Smart TV and tries to connect to it but it won't connect....it says Something went wrong and it can't connect.

Or it will say it's connecting and connect for half a second and then disconnect.

Reaction score
When you select the Project option and give it a screen to use it should list the available devices for that type of operation.

I do not mean check the WiFi and see if the TV is listed there since that doesn't mean anything. Were you using the Intel WiDi to connect before or the Miracast...?

Edit: I just checked the Extend to second display and I seem to have found a bug. My computer display changed to a very low resolution even though I did not try to connect to a Wireless Display

Reaction score
Yes I can set it to extend the screen to a second screen and it lists my smart tv as an option for the 2nd screen but it won't connect to it. I am using the Intel WiDi not Miracast. I haven't tried to connect to any other wireless device.

Reaction score
We keep talking around the main problem. Does your Smart TV show as a "Wireless Display" or do you have to search for additional devices to find it.

Wireless Display.jpg

Reaction score
Hi there...
I spend a weeks on this.
My story: I bought a new Dell with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165. Miracast enabled.
And I couldn't mirror my device on My Samsung LED 55 Smart TV for weeks.
I was even surprise that I was able to connect to my second Laptop as a display with no problem. So I knew My new Dell is OK.
Also My Second laptop works fine with my TV, Means My TV is OK too. 0:....
What the heck ????
And I found a trick that is work.
My New Dell was able to mirror on my Samsung Tv ONLY in one way.
The Samsung has to be set on "SCREEN MIRRORING" source mode. and than The device is able to connect the TV.
Its wired be cause my other Laptop is connecting no matter ( TV , HDMI 1, HDMI 2 ...) on what source the TV is currently.

Thank You.
Chris

Reaction score
  • Press the SOURCE button on the remote.
Source.jpg

• Select the Screen Mirroring source.
Source_Screenmirror_LRG.jpg

• A screen displays informing you that it is awaiting a device to be connected. This screen will be displayed until your device is connected.
Screen_Mirroring_LRG.jpg

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10 around December 2015. I recently bought a Samsung Smart TV. My computer and tv recognize each other and appear to be connected but whenever I go to Screen Mirroring it says that my TV timed out or is shows that they are connecting then my tv blips and says nothing or it says that screen mirroring has unexpectedly ended.

I have updated my Intel drivers and searched for solutions online. It appears that many people are having screen mirroring issues after upgrading to Windows 10. The issue seems to have gone on long enough for a solution to have been found, but I can't find one. I would have NEVER upgraded to Windows 10 had I known it still had these kinds of issues.

I'm hoping there is an answer out there that I just haven't found yet.

Thanks!
Are you using extended in display settings i noticed i got that issue with my dual screen computer till i disabled one of the screens

Reaction score
  • Press the SOURCE button on the remote.
Source.jpg

• Select the Screen Mirroring source.
Source_Screenmirror_LRG.jpg

• A screen displays informing you that it is awaiting a device to be connected. This screen will be displayed until your device is connected.
Screen_Mirroring_LRG.jpg

I've got a sony TV and I put it into wireless display mode like you did with your Samsung TV but when I connect my laptop to it, it connects for half a second and disconnects.

Ask a Question