Why can't I play any games in full screen mode on this computer?

Reaction score
I have Win 10 on my laptop and I can play in full screen mode on that machine. When I first got this I could play full screen mode on this computer too, and now suddenly I can not. Dell issued a BIOS update. Could that have caused this?

Reaction score
Dell issued a BIOS update. Could that have caused this?
Possible if using the built-in/onboard video adapter, probably not if using an Add-in PCIe X16 card. Does pressing F11 give you the Full Screen with other things? I don't use Full Screen much except for videos to hide the Toolbars, prefer Maximized instead so as to have all the Toolbars visible.

Reaction score
I'm using the video card that came with my machine, but I am on my laptop too. Maybe I'd better clarify that my type of playing games can't really be called "gaming." I just play some simple games that allow me to relax and forget other things for a while I can't even get the full screen on my Hoyle Card games anymore on this desktop, and as I said, the most curious thing is that I could to start with and then that changed.

I can get the full screen in my browser when I press F11.

Reaction score
F11 does work with a number of programs but not all. I'm using the Games from Win7 and Win8, they will Maximize but do not use F11, but then they don't have much in the way of Toolbars. VLC removes only the Title Bar at the top, leaves the controls visible which, when thinking about it, would be important in using the program. Programs such as Microsoft Office and Corel WordPerfect don't allow F11, probably because they use many keys for other purposes.

Reaction score
Some games will allow you to right click during the game and select full screen, have you tried that?. This will change from game to game and some will require you to select full screen mode in the set-up menu of the game. :):):)

Reaction score
Some games will allow you to right click during the game and select full screen, have you tried that?. This will change from game to game and some will require you to select full screen mode in the set-up menu of the game. :):):)

F11 does not work on any of the games. And the right-click method does not work either. i'd just like to know what changed because when I first installed the games on this new computer I could use full-screen.

Reaction score
I played around with the Intel Graphics until I found something for my games that was acceptable and then I saved the profile so now I can just click back and forth between that profile and the normal one. I didn't even know I could go into the graphics like that but I Googled and found some direction. This solves the problem for me.

Thanks a lot for all your help and suggestions.

Reaction score
OK, I'm back. One just one game, so far, I've lost the sound. When I open options there is no checkmark in sound or music and it wont' let me put one there either. Why would I lose the sound on just one game and not all of them?

Reaction score
To toggle between windowed mode and full screen mode in most modern games, alt+Enter. Just a FYI

Ask a Question