SOLVED Can't Play DVDs and Can't Save Documents

Reaction score
Hi I just upgraded to windows 10 and now DVDs won't play and I can't save a document in a notepad. Help.

Reaction score
There is a new app, I see, called Windows DVD player. I have not tried it yet. Saving a document in a notepad? Ok...you mean NOTEPAD or WORDPAD or something else. I find semantics are everything here.

Reaction score
Thanks for replying, where can I get the windows DVD player app? Also I can't save a new NOTEPAD. I can open up a new NOTEPAD type something in it but when I click save it says I don't have permission and I'm the only one who uses my computer.

Reaction score
start menu> all apps. FYI....I haven't tried it.

That's a bug (with the notepad). I can't help you as mine works fine.

Reaction score
Thanks! :) Yup, I like VLC. I also found the windows 10 notepad, it's called OneNote, so that works good. I guess the other notepad is outdated for windows 10. It let you keep your old notes but you can't make new notes with it you have to use OneNote. So everything is cool now. :D

Reaction score
Hi. I can't play DVDs after Windows 10 installation. I did use the new app but the disc just spins. What is VLC? Any suggestions for me?

Reaction score
Hi. I can't play DVDs after Windows 10 installation. I did use the new app but the disc just spins. What is VLC? Any suggestions for me?

Hi VLC is a DVD and media player, you can google it and download it for free. It works real good with windows 10. :) I couldn't find the windows DVD player in my apps so I googled VLC and downloaded it and it works good. Here's the link I used to the VLC website

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I see the DVD app in Windows 10 but when I try to use it, nothing..... on both my laptops. I will google VLC.....

Reaction score
Okay no problem. :)
I downloaded VLC on both laptops. Works great. I also read an article in Forbes this morning that talks about the problems with Windows 10 DVD and mentioned using VLC as a great alternative.
Thanks so much for your help!

Ask a Question