Startup problems

Reaction score
When switching on my computer it tells me an error has occurred and restarts I am then presented with a repair Windows option which does nothing I also have advanced options I have tr
ied the command prompt and it gives me an x drive and when I try to get my c drive it says the files are corrupt what's happening?

Reaction score
Seeing that drive x is a symptom of some file corruption in the OS. I have seen it once myself. IIRC I just re-installed the OS but there must be a better way.

THis sort of thing is a really good reason for using one of the sophisticate back up programs like Macrium.

Reaction score
When switching on my computer it tells me an error has occurred and restarts I am then presented with a repair Windows option which does nothing I also have advanced options I have tr
ied the command prompt and it gives me an x drive and when I try to get my c drive it says the files are corrupt what's happening?

Try typing "rstrui.exe".

Ben

Ask a Question