How to use Fn + F9; what all can this combo do?

Reaction score
Pressing Fn + F9 I read somewhere will turn on/off my touch pad. However, it did not do so for me. It did bring up a gizmo in the top left of my screen which, if caught quickly enough, includes the ability to slide a lever up and down between what looks to be 0 at the bottom and 99 at the top. I slid it down to 24 but I can't figure out what that did. I was hoping it would reduce the sensitivity of my touch pad. Are there instructions somewhere of how to use it and for what?

Reaction score
This type of question is very specific to your system. It sounds like you may be been looking at brightness, but there may be some OEM driver be installed for certain functions to work and if not they may not work in Win 10.

It also might matter if you are running in Desktop or Tablet mode.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Frustrated.

It varies on different computer. Mine is F7. Look for the key with the pointing finger. Press that key and Fn to turn your touchpad and/or mouse on or off.

Reaction score
On Many Dells, it is quite a separate program in the Control Panel called Dell Touchpad.

When opened it offers:

Untitled.png

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Apparently it is a mute function. The touchpad turn off is F12 on my Nextbook. I appreciate all the help!

Ask a Question