HP Officejet 6600 no longer saves fax digitally after upgrade

Reaction score
After upgrading to Windows 10, my HP Officejet 6600 is able to print, scan and save to computer, copy, fax and receive faxes to be reprinted but no longer saves them digitally to the specified folder. HP support was unable to figure it out despite having the "attack team" on it and said it was a problem with my line. Don't think so as it worked fine before the Windows 10 upgrade. It is set up as a shared printer but wired to one computer - not wireless. Any ideas???
Gratefully
Stacey

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my laptop on WiFi. My problem was caused by the fact my update settings were set to "Metered" Check your Update settings and see if metered is ON or OFF. Windows may see the digital files as updates. I know you said you are not using wireless and it's a shared printer. It's worth checking, nothing to lose.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my laptop on WiFi. My problem was caused by the fact my update settings were set to "Metered" Check your Update settings and see if metered is ON or OFF. Windows may see the digital files as updates. I know you said you are not using wireless and it's a shared printer. It's worth checking, nothing to lose.
Thanks for your answer! I am not finding that option in updates - "metered".

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you - no I am USB connected. No other computers are connected via wifi - thanks for trying to help!

Ask a Question