W10 won't talk to HP Officejet

Reaction score
I downloaded the latest Windows 10 driver from HP. With the HP software I can scan, print test pages, etc but I can't get W10 to talk to the printer and print a page. I have added the HP printer in the Windows 10 Settings/Devices several time but there is just o communication!

Reaction score
I have had this problem with an HP Deskjet on Windows 8.1 in the past. Reinstalling the software from the original disc or downloading from the HP website usually solved the problem.

Reaction score
I have had this problem with an HP Deskjet on Windows 8.1 in the past. Reinstalling the software from the original disc or downloading from the HP website usually solved the problem.
I have downloaded the HP software for Windows 10 half a dozen times. W10 won't talk to the printer or the HP software. The HP printer is listed in Settings/Devices page but there is no communication. Where in W10 can I look to see if the printer is loaded and loaded correctly?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Where in W10 can I look to see if the printer is loaded and loaded correctly?
Open Device and Printers
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers
Select then right click your HP Printer and from about the middle of the context menu choose "Printer Properties" (not properties at the bottom).
If it is an All In One make sure you choose the printer and not the fax.
Click the "Print Test Page" button near the bottom right of the General tab.
That should produce a Windows 10 Test Page (not an HP test page) indicating that your printer is working with Windows 10.

Ask a Question