Which Settings To Copy From A W7 To New W10 pc ? Internet Ones, and...

Reaction score
Hello,

Will be helping my son transition from an old W7 desktop pc to a new one running W10.

I remember that when I went to a Mac, the Mac "grabbedZ" sll the internet settings itself, and I had
nothing to do in this regard. Kinda nice.

I do not think W10 will do thisd. True ?

So, where in W7 should I look to copy down
all the internet settings that he has working presently in W7 ?
The Comcast setups, etc. ?

And, might as well also ask now: any other settings, etc., that we should compy down
to transfer to the W10 pc when initially setting it up ?

Thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
Well, internet settings are really on your router and it should be set up to have DHCP supply the new computer an IP address, the LAN card or Wireless card should also be set up for DHCP So unless you have specifically set up IP address everything should be automatic. All your software will have to be set up and configured.

Reaction score
"I do not think W10 will do this. True ?"
Yes. You should not need to alter anything.
There are a few personal requirements, which can be adjusted afterwards, with, for example, limiting the interference the mandatory updates can cause.
I have made fresh installs and conversions and have not yet, found an immediate need to preåae the connection for anything.

Reaction score
I assumed the OP was purchasing a new computer with windows 10, if not most setting should carry over from an upgrade install

Ask a Question