Copying desktop settings to new local profile

Reaction score
I've recently reinstalled Windows 10 due to a system failure and I'm currently setting up user accounts properly this time instead of everyone using the same admin account.

I've setup the administrator account and customized the desktop to the way I like it (small icons, quicklaunch, placed apps in quicklaunch, removed some bundled bloat, etc) and now I want to set up multiple local accounts with the same desktop settings.

When I add a new local account, it starts from the default windows setup. How can I have my admin setup copied across all local accounts?

Reaction score
Why not just let the other users set up their desktops the way they prefer.

Reaction score
because one of the other accounts will be mine (don't want to use an admin account as my daily driver) and the other users are not exactly tech savvy and are used to XP, which is kinda how I have mine set up

Reaction score
I've done that before when I had a profile become corrupt. I copied all the folders under the corrupt account to the new account.

Reaction score
Hey, this post may be of help to address your issue-https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-files/how-to-transfer-files-from-one-user-account-to/e262acd6-08f2-4a77-9cfb-1b670dd6706d. Then if you have too many files to transfer, a backup application will be an alternative, backup all the files in admin account via a such app then recovery them in the user accounts.

Ask a Question