Copying & pasting via the web recently.

Reaction score
I've noticed, only in the past few days, when I copy and paste something via the web into a document, I get duplicates. I've also noticed that when closing a document, I get an empty window + a small window, in pale blue which hangs for a few seconds, then disappears. Could it be a recent update? I've already shut pc down and then on again. Thanks.

Reaction score
I says Windows 10 Home Edition - version 1703
It may have just been the site I was on. However, I think it happened on 2 sites. I was actually trying to understand about this latest KRACK hack. I was copying and pasting a paragraph, which mentioned 2 suppliers of routers affected. I have a D-Link, so wanted to follow it up. Then, the paragraph changed when I got it pasted into my document, and instead of showing the 4, blue links for the providers, the ones that appeared in my document, were 4 different providers! I thought I'd imagined it. Then I noticed I have repeat paragraphs.

Reaction score
Upgrade to 1709 per my suggestion earlier!. :)
When I checked again the following day or two, I had 1709. It's a bit odd, because my updates come in automatically. I've since been on a few sites and successfully copied and pasted OK. I keep notes, and discovered that a similar thing happened about a month ago. Hopefully just a few little glitches. I've really only had minor things happen in the year I've had Windows 10, updated like thousands of others from 7. Talk to you again.

Reaction score
Alrighty then, if it doesn't give you problems within the next few days, please mark this thread as solved so it helps others; thanks. :)

Ask a Question