Settings closes quickly

Reaction score
Every time I open up my "settings" it pops up on the screen and then it quickly disappears. I have no accessibility to get to my settings no matter where I go..thank you in advance for helping

Reaction score
Sound like you may have a corrupted account. Try and create a new one like this:
Press Windows key + X and select " Command Prompt (Admin)"
type in the prompt " net user Username Password /add
Replace the "Username" , and" Password", with something of your choice

This would be mine, for example net user David abcd1 /add
now enter and you should see "The command completed successfully"
Type exit to close the command prompt, and restart the computer.

Reaction score
The problem will be that your files stored under the original user will have disappeared. Once you have sorted out your settings you probably should log in as your original user name.

Reaction score
thank you for replying however I can not "sort out" my settings because I can not get to settings in any way shape or form. I think I even lost the folder. can you help me to restore it. I have tried everything

Reaction score
thank you for replying however I can not "sort out" my settings because I can not get to settings in any way shape or form. I think I even lost the folder. can you help me to restore it. I have tried everything

Which is why I gave you an alternative?? Following that, you can then examine the settings, in your alternative username, as suggested by Tim.

Ask a Question