I am confused about HDD’s-Sync, Clone or whatever?

Reaction score
After updating 4 PC’s to Win 10 PRO my ancient brain is stigmatized!

One of the computers died because of my brain malfunctioning, so I have a spare 320GB HDD which is a MBR clone of another one, unfortunatly it is not bootable because I forgot what I just finished reading.

So, here is what i would like to do:

One of my still living computers is a DELL with a 500GB MBR drive. I’d like to install the non-bootable drive in the DELL and combine the two drives into the DELL because it has the larger capacity and is only a couple years old. My concern is how to get all the data from the non-bootable drive merged the DELL and not loose anything from either of the HDD’s. I have done a lot of Googling and it seems like Syncing would be the most logical thing to do, but I have no experience Syncing and don’t know of a free program to use. I can’t use Win 10 Sync because I don’t have a MS account.

Reaction score
nodsirrah I have an Ultra IDE/Sata USB cable adapter. I find it invaluable for situations like yours.
The adapters are also useful for externally (HD removed from PC) scanning HDs for viruses, malware, ransomware... They just treat the HD as another external HD no need for MBR. Gives you the ability to clean, delete copy or move files. They are reasonably cheap, I think I got mine from Amazon?
Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I use types of both suggestions depending upon where I work on computers, cable for portability and docks for workbench.

Ask a Question