SOLVED I knew I had to do it sooner or later....go to Windows 10

Reaction score
I have three desktops...all HP modals. Two have Windows 10 Home and Pro. The third in a HP Pavilion p6750f desktop with Windows 7 Home with a 1tb hard drive. It is a very good working machine and hate to discard it. So, with a notice from Microsoft that come 2020 they will no longer serve it with security updates or any additional software. I think I will do to two things... add a 1TB 2.5" SSD 111 hard drive (like in fuel injection that was done to autos) to speed up the PC, and in stall Windows 10 Home OS.

So, here is the few questions. Do I install first Windows 10 home on the "old 1tb hard drive", and then install the new 1tb SSD111 HD afterwards? Or, would it be best to remove the old 1tb drive and reinstall Windows 7, or install Windows 10 on the SSD after it is uinstalled?
Give me a play by play ...word for word how to do it correctly.

Reaction score
The answer depends on how much stuff is there on this old machine that you want to keep?

Reaction score
The answer depends on how much stuff is there on this old machine that you want to keep?
There's nothing regarding files, etc... that I would keep on the old drive. It's been idle, but, I'm thinking I might need it for a back-up.

Reaction score
For me _ I would install Windows 7 on the ssd, split into a partiion and install 10 Pro in the second partition. windows 10 Will setup the dual boot for you, without help. As said it then depends on how much software you have, but 1tb seems more than enough!

Ask a Question