SOLVED Icons are gone!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I finally talked to MS advance tech support. She logged in to my computer and worked for about an hour with no luck. She was about to do a reboot of the whole computer when she decided to try setting up a new user account and that worked. She said that my user account had been corrupted. I had done this before with my old computer never thought I would have to do it with something this new. It's almost like starting all over again but my old user profile is still there to access files. I guess I can call this one solved, sort of.

One question, how much memory/computer resources does having two user profiles use? Enough to brother deleting the old one?

Reaction score
Just adds to complexity and confusion.
If you are satisfied that it has no further use, remove it

Reaction score
I agree with Dave, if you are satisfied with everything, please mark the thread as solved. :)

Reaction score
Click on the settings and favourites import & export function, save the file to a USB stick or wherever you want, then import the file once done!. :)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Not happy with the new user profile. Everything too different compared to my original first setup. Is there any disadvantage to doing a complete reset and start all over again?
I have most thing on a thumb drive I want to keep.

Reaction score
Hi,

did you do a reset of re-install?, just want to know so it helps others, thanks. :)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I finally fixed my original problem of my icons missing. Wasn't happy with the new user add to windows 10 by MS advance tech service even though icons were there. Today I went into register and changed icon spacing, restarted and there they were. Going to remove the second user profile, now I'm a happy camper.

Ask a Question