SOLVED Icons are gone!

Reaction score
Bought a Lenova IdeaCentre 3-07IMB05 Desktop just before Christmas. love it, so much faster than my old Gateway windows 7. Not liking Windows 10 so much but getting use to it.
Turned it on one morning and my icons were spaced far apart and on the top. Tried a number on normal things to move them but nothing worked. Click and drag them and they would go right back where they were. Turned on the next morning icons are gone and nowhere to be found. Just had a call from a Windows Tech guy I couldn't understand or hear him very will and when I asked him to repeat something line went dead. Lenova support doesn't seem to know any more than I do. Had me do a restore with no luck. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hi,

if you right click the desktop > View > Show desktop icons, do they return and what other settings have you got ticked there?. :)

Reaction score
Bought this computer 12/24/2020
Just a note, a 'new' computer does not mean it has the latest Version of any Operating System, no way of knowing how long the computer was on a shelf awaiting its sale and the seller does not spend the time updating them before sale unless that is part of the bargain such as with Custom-built machines. That's why it's important to update them.

Reaction score
Bought this computer 12/24/2020
Press the Windows logo key + r and type "winver" to find out exactly and upgrade if necessary!. ;)

1610471678031.png

Reaction score
Have you tried the "Sort by" option in the right clcik menu?

Also, try Settings - Personalisation -
Scroll down on the left to "Themes" and, in the new window, scroll again down to "Desktop Icon settings" Select the items you want.

Reaction score
Have you tried the "Sort by" option in the right clcik menu?

Also, try Settings - Personalisation -
Scroll down on the left to "Themes" and, in the new window, scroll again down to "Desktop Icon settings" Select the items you want.
I have tried that and there is no icons showing.

Reaction score
I did get a call from a Windows tech under warranty. He was having me type somethin into the run Windows search and of course I could barely understand him, besides all the noise in the back ground when I ask him to repeat the command he hung up.

Reaction score
There is another issue not sure it's related or not. Text on some websites is covered by images and other texts. I have all my settings set to recommend.

Reaction score
I would say related. But I confess I have never come across this phenomena nefore.
Do you have any third party programs installed, related in any way to graphics or pixctures?

Reaction score
Just a note, a 'new' computer does not mean it has the latest Version of any Operating System, no way of knowing how long the computer was on a shelf awaiting its sale and the seller does not spend the time updating them before sale unless that is part of the bargain such as with Custom-built machines. That's why it's important to update them.
Just to repost what @Bighorn said, I cannot see anything related to your version number from you!. Are you sure it is 20H2?. ;)

Ask a Question