SOLVED Can't move icons; can't move a window after opening a file or folder

Reaction score
Had left my computer at a video on YouTube I was in the midst of watching. When I came back things were kind of frozen up. I had trouble closing my browser down but eventually accomplished it. Then noticed I could not move any of the folders or files on my desktop, and when I opened one I could not move the window.

I tried a couple of things I Googled online and they did not work, so I did a System Restore from an auto point set yesterday, 1/5/2021. It said the restore was successful, but I still can't do anything.

I also can not get my Chrome browser to open, although I was successful in opening the Edge Browser. I restarted thinking that might help but it didn't. Chrome still won't open, etc. Does anyone know what could have gone wrong here?

I need help. Have bills to pay.

Reaction score
Two things pop out to me, one is whether the video was being watched as Full Screen or was it in the player at Maximized [those are different things]. Full Screen removes Toolbars to give more screen room and Maximized does not allow moving the program window around by click drag of the Title bar. If Full Screen is activated moving the mouse to the upper edge should temporarily show the Toolbar, pressing F11 toggles the feature.

Reaction score
Sorry, I oversaw that. Did you run an Offline Scan?. ;)
What do you mean by offline scan?

I ran sfc /scannow and it found something that is said was fixed, I think. I was going to make a screenshot of what it said and then the screen went white and I missed it. So I ran sfc again and the second time it said no errors were found. I know there is something that goes along with this, DIM or something like that. Would it do any good to run that?

Reaction score
I ran Emsisoft and I ran Malwarebytes and all clean. I have Internet connection. I just can't get Google Chrome to open.

Reaction score
I just can't get Google Chrome to open.
Can you open another browser and download a fresh copy of it, the installer will overwrite the old version!. Use a different computer if you have to and transfer the downloaded .exe file to your troublesome computer. ;)

Reaction score
Can you open another browser and download a fresh copy of it, the installer will overwrite the old version!. Use a different computer if you have to and transfer the downloaded .exe file to your troublesome computer. ;)
Yes, I did this and all is up and running ok now. Thanks for your help! :)

Ask a Question