SOLVED Color profile/filter enabled and can't remove

Reaction score
Hello,

Yesterday, I noticed there were some extra windows updates that involved my monitor (viewsonic xg2530) and processor (Ryzen 5 3600). I also may have updated the graphics card (GTX 1080).

After my computer restarted, the colors on various UI menus on my Viewsonic changed; however, my extended monitor (BenQ) remains the same.

The phenomena is quite weird, because when I play video games, or look at my background, there are no changes. It only happens when I open a UI for another program. Some noticeable programs are Google Chrome, Discord, and Steam. The colors have completely changed to some green/pink filter.

Screenshots attached. If I take a screenshot, and upload it, the filter applies twice and changes back to normal color on my screen.

If I move a window from the Viewsonic to the BenQ, then it changes back to normal.

• I have been able to force correct color in google chrome by changing "Force Color Profile" in chrome://flags/ from default to sRGB, but that doesn't fix it for other programs that have changed.
  • I have checked many monitor settings, and nothing has fixed the issue.
  • I have tried turning High Contrast on and off.
  • I have tried changing Nighttime mode.
  • I have tried uninstalling my monitor drivers.
  • I have checked various Nvidia settings
I'll be here to answer any additional questions you might need to troubleshoot my issue.

Thank you,
Noky

Attachments

• ss2.PNG
    ss2.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 169
Reaction score
Problem fixed.

Solution was to go to Color management in system settings:

Color Management > Advanced Tab > Change system defaults > Select the display that is being dumb from the drop down menu > Click on the profile in the box > click remove.

11/13/2020

Reaction score
I want to kiss you. Spent 3hrs on this going through the nvida full range bug etc etc. I wish I found your post earlier

Reaction score
ON Nvidia Control Panel > Manage GPU Performance Counter > just allow access to all users and not admin users.
For some reason, this fixed my problem and green is no longer purple in some apps.

Ask a Question