Taskbar background color

Reaction score
Hi. I hit several wrongs buttons and hit save and mess up. Was able to solve all but one. Taskbar background stuck in a light greyish blue.I cannot figure.

Any help very appreciated.

Dave

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Dave,
  • Right-click on Taskbar and select Taskbar Settings
  • On left pane select Colors
  • On right pane below Choose your color select Custom
  • Below Choose your default Windows mode select Dark

Additionally:

Further down the same right hand pane if you have Automatically pick an accent color from my background checked, then scroll to bottom and either check or uncheck the box next to Start, taskbar, and action center to see which effect you like on your Taskbar
Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm using a standalone utility that makes the taskbar transparent.

TranslucentTB - https://github.com/TranslucentTB/TranslucentTB

A lightweight (uses a few MB of RAM and almost no CPU) utility that makes the Windows taskbar translucent/transparent on Windows 10.

Features
  • Advanced color picker supporting alpha and live preview to change the taskbar's color.
  • Taskbar states(choose one - color can be customized on every state except Normal):
    • Blur: Will make the taskbar slightly blurred.
    • Clear: Transparent taskbar.
    • Normal: Regular Windows style. (as if TranslucentTB was not running)
    • Opaque: No transparency.
    • Fluent: Windows 10 April 2018 update and up only. Will give the taskbar an appearance similar to Microsoft's Fluent Design guidelines.
  • Dynamic modes (these can be used together and each of them provides a taskbar state and color you can customize):
    • Dynamic Windows: Will change the taskbar to a different appearance if a window is currently maximized.
    • Dynamic Start Menu: Will change the taskbar appearance when the start menu is opened.
    • Dynamic Cortana: Will change the taskbar appearance when Cortana (or the search menu if Cortana is disabled) is open.
    • Dynamic Timeline/Task View: Will change the taskbar appearance when the Timeline (or Task View on older builds) is open.
  • Ability to show or hide the Aero Peek button. Can be customized at will or dynamic.

Ask a Question