Cannot make taskbar black

Reaction score
Hi, After a very recent update to version 1903 the taskbar remains stubbornly white. I have tried ALL the suggested methods to return it to black, turning on/off transparency effect, checking/unchecking taskbar and title etc. Nothing works. Does anyone have any other suggestions apart from a downloaded app? Seems to be a fairly common problem and any help would be most welcome.

Reaction score
I just got a Refurbished Notebook and when set up had all blue. I right-clicked the Desktop, chose Personalize then on the left scrolled to the bottom to Taskbar then on the right scrolled to the bottom to find Change taskbar color, got the black back.

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, Bighorn. I'm afraid I've tried that but the damn thing stays white. It's not a real problem just that I prefer black. Thank you anyway.

Reaction score
I just had another go. The only way I was able to make it black was by going to colours an selecting "Dark" You then ned, of course, to reset your other colour requirements.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Not sure what Methods you are referring to, but in case you are not already aware, the new Light theme is not intended to be customized, so you'd need to select Custom and then set colors as you want them. Or, as Dave posted above this post, you may be able to achieve your goal using the Dark theme.

Reaction score
Yeps. And, for example, this is how I ended after playing with the "Dark" mode.

1571891498191.png

Reaction score
Thank you both for your advice. Have spent an hour playing aroun with plenty of permutations but haven't managed to get a black taskbar. It isn't too bad light so I'm going to leave it as is. Thank you all who took the trouble to help.

Ask a Question