SOLVED Seems like somekind of Chrome bug cannot get rid of it.

ear

Reaction score
I am using Firefox Quantum 69.0.2 and in the Log ins and Passwords, also Cookies and Site Data section appears : chrome://FirefoxAccounts 7982d0cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [edited by moderator] 10/5/2019. I have constantly removed it but it always reappears after closing browser or deleting all history.

Moderator: I have deleted your attachment to protect you in case it is your unique security ID. Likewise, I'll remove part of your main post where you have typed it out.

Regedit32

Last edited by a moderator:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Mozilla over a year ago now introduced a FireFoxAccount key which can be used when a User has forgotten their password details so they can get access to their Data.

I do not use FireFox, however, my guess is that is what you are seeing appear.

ear

Reaction score
That could be what is happening but why would Mozilla name this key chrome://FirefoxAccounts 7982d0cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [edited by moderator]. I was unable to speak to anyone at Mozilla about this was only directed to a multiple suggestion site that didn't have anything about my problem.

Moderator: I've edited post to protect you incase what you are typing is your unique security ID.

Regedit32

Last edited by a moderator:

Regedit32

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea why Mozilla do what they do.

Note too, I'm just guessing what you are seeing is their new security method to aid when you forget your password. What you are seeing may be something else altogether.

Perhaps if you email them, along with that text file you posted here, and ask them to explain what it is someone will help.

I'd recommend you do not post that text file publicly elsewhere, given if it is your unique security key you do not want anyone else getting access to that.

I'll delete it from here after posting this.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question