SOLVED Seems Windows Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm running Win 10 on an HP Pavilion. It seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard. Some keys are now not working. What is the best way to fix this? Try to update the keyboard driver? Some other solution?

Anyone else have this issue? Thanks,

I did a google search and didn't find anything helpful.

Feel free to move this to another sub-forum if you feel it's more relevant. Thanks,

Reaction score
I don't have a USB keyboard. Only using the built in keyboard. It would be difficult for me to use a USB kybrd cuz of my space limitations.

Reaction score
There are various problems being reported with updates to 1809. In fact, Microsoft has temporarily stopped release of 1809.You might consider reverting to your previous install until M. S. reissues the update.

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm running Win 10 on an HP Pavilion. It seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard. Some keys are now not working. What is the best way to fix this? Try to update the keyboard driver? Some other solution?

Anyone else have this issue? Thanks,

I did a google search and didn't find anything helpful.

Feel free to move this to another sub-forum if you feel it's more relevant. Thanks,

Generally, after a upgrade, some hardware will require either newer drivers or the old drivers reinstalled

Reaction score
You might also want to look in the Settings > Time & Language > Language > Options and add/remove a different KB if necessary!: :):):):)

language options.jpg

Reaction score
Good news! My keyboard is now working again! I have no idea why. Maybe Windows did a silent update in the background. In any case, problem solved. Thanks for all your replies. Cheers,

Ask a Question