Incredible!

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I switched to windows 10 without fear, as I never had problems with microsoft. Huge mistake!

First I used it several days before erasing my W 7 from the hard disk. Then erased it as it was using to much space on my 8 years old computer.
Then, after some time, I needed to use my printer: HP laserjet 2030
And my scanner: Canon LiDE 200
Windows 10 does not recognize both of them. And neither HP nor Canon deliver drivers to use these materials with Windows 10.

This is to me a huge mistake from Microsoft, which did not manage to keep drivers from previous installed version. Huge mistake from HP and canon too, which take advantage of this new OS to create a fake obsolescence of their materials.
I am really furious. If I do not get a solution, I am done with Microsoft, with HP AND Canon.

Meanwhile, I have to make some paper work, and obliged to renew ALL of these materials!
Next computer will be under Linux, printers and scanner the lowest price and brand I can find.

Thank you, Microsoft for this genious idea!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
First of all, I'll say that I am impressed and slightly envious that you have managed to get Windows 10 up and running on an 8 year old computer
According to this, they have a driver that works with 8.1
http://www.canon-europe.com/support..._200.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Have you tried it. You may have to uninstall any previous installation instances and start afresh as if it were a new device being attached to the computer for the first time.
Might be worth a try.
Couldn't find anything on the HP LaserJet 2030. Are you certain that, that is the complete and accurate model designation? There seems to be plenty of stuff out there on HP LaserJet P2035 and similar.

Reaction score
HP laserjet 2030
Canon LiDE 200
Both devices date back to 2008, that is 7 years ago.

I feel your pain but this is not Microsoft's bag to carry. Device drivers are the responsibility of the device maker. Nor is it Microsoft's responsibility to warn of outdated or non-existent drivers.

Reaction score
First of all, I'll say that I am impressed and slightly envious that you have managed to get Windows 10 up and running on an 8 year old computer
According to this, they have a driver that works with 8.1
http://www.canon-europe.com/support..._200.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Have you tried it. You may have to uninstall any previous installation instances and start afresh as if it were a new device being attached to the computer for the first time.
Might be worth a try.
Couldn't find anything on the HP LaserJet 2030. Are you certain that, that is the complete and accurate model designation? There seems to be plenty of stuff out there on HP LaserJet P2035 and similar.

Thank you for trying to help. This driver does not work (64bit). Yes my laserjet is 2030. The 2035 available driver is not adapted. Both of those materials work perfectly with my wife's computer, which is...
Apple. Sure Microsoft will be happy to read it!

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Both devices date back to 2008, that is 7 years ago.

I feel your pain but this is not Microsoft's bag to carry. Device drivers are the responsibility of the device maker. Nor is it Microsoft's responsibility to warn of outdated or non-existent drivers.

Sorry, but I disagree. Microsoft should, at least, publish a specific warning to users about the risk of losing drivers BEFORE suggesting to install the new OS. I mean, not two lines lost in the middle of general conditions, so that users KNOW the risk before "upgrading" their OS.

And about outdated, sorry to tell you that, but:
My computer, even at 8 years old works perfectly with windows. My printer and scanner were too with windows 7, but do not work anymore under windows 10. They also work perfectly with my wife's computer, which is a Mac (Apple). And when Apple update his OS, it does not erase the drivers on use... I don't see the point of dumping materials that work.

May be, thinking this way, you will be outdated too, one day, and fired. Not because you are not effcient but because, people need to be renewed, just like "outdated" materials! Great!