Leadership Transition Announcement

AlexReflector

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Windows10Forums Community,

I am reaching out to share an important update regarding our forum’s administration. Ian, a long-standing administrator who has managed these forums with great care and enthusiasm, has decided to step down due to new commitments. He officially passed the administrative baton to me, @AlexReflector, in December 2023. Unfortunately, his announcement was initially made in an admin-only thread, so I am bringing this news to the entire community now.

We are immensely grateful to Ian for his leadership and dedication over the years. He will continue to be a valued member of this forum, and we look forward to his ongoing contributions.

Thank you for your attention and support as we transition under new management. We remain committed to maintaining the high standards of our community and keeping it a welcoming and informative place for all things Windows 10.

Best regards,
Alex - Admin & Owner Windows10Forums

Reaction score
Good to have you aboard. Ian will definitely be missed not only as an administrator but as an active participant of his many forums.
That said, can you tell me what is the status of his other legacy forums, specifically XPForums where I've been a member since 2019? I ask because it has become a toxic environment due to lack of moderation. This is unfortunate because the regulars are helpful group and their activity as well as mine has dropped noticeably. I would like to volunteer as a moderator of XPForums if you are unable to find anyone else willing because I miss the active discussions over the years despite the age of the OS.

AlexReflector

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello ClippyBeer,

Thank you for reaching out and for your continued participation in our community forums. It's heartening to hear your interest in taking on a moderator role at XPForums. I'm pleased to inform you that XPForums is now under our management as well, and we are indeed in need of dedicated moderators to help revive and maintain the vibrant and supportive environment that has long been a hallmark of the forum.

I greatly appreciate your willingness to step up during this transition period. I will be granting you moderation access to XPForums shortly. In the meantime, if you have any specific ideas or suggestions on how we can improve the forum and tackle the current challenges, please feel free to share them. Your insights will be invaluable as we move forward.

Looking forward to having you on our moderation team and working together to enhance the community experience at XPForums.

Best regards,

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. As for improvements nothing immediate comes to mind but I will certainly inform with any ideas. It would be most helpful if you were to log on and introduce yourself as you did here as many of us were wondering on Ian's status and the fate of XPForums.

Ask a Question