Looking for the holy grail of USB wireless adapters - no disconnect

Reaction score
Great to know, thanks :)
I spoke too soon. Disconnected during a great game of Star Wars Battlefront II with my son. I may have increased his vocabulary of swear words. Silver lining is that I found the article with the realtek drivers which seem to work better than the native Windows or Asus ones.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...so-works/f77aa1cc-0d7f-4755-ab14-a0ceed3b30ba

Could be hardware issue too, maybe it was overheating. I moved it to a USB port on the side, see how it goes.

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but I gotta ask.

Are the USB wireless adapters being discussed here required ONLY when the PC/laptop does not have resident wireless capability. I have a Netgear WNDA3100 and a D-Llink DWA171NA laying idle in a desk drawer. Don't even know for sure why I have them unless they were in some of the old computers that I have disposed of.

Is there a reason why I should keep on keeping them?
I would keep the better of the two, as they can be useful in a number of ways (particularly for temporary needs that arise).

The reason I bought my recent adapter was to add 5 GHz band capability to my laptop (as well AC).

--David

Reaction score
I spoke too soon. Disconnected during a great game of Star Wars Battlefront II with my son. I may have increased his vocabulary of swear words. Silver lining is that I found the article with the realtek drivers which seem to work better than the native Windows or Asus ones.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...so-works/f77aa1cc-0d7f-4755-ab14-a0ceed3b30ba

Could be hardware issue too, maybe it was overheating. I moved it to a USB port on the side, see how it goes.
Bummer. If you have time, keep me/us posted :)

Thanks!

--David
p.s. - if your son is old enough to play Battlefront II, then he probably already knows more cuss words than you do ;) Still, I get it. For instance, as cute as it was (in an way :rolleyes:) when a dad lovingly picked his little 21/2 - 3 year old daughter up off the floor (to stop her from aimlessly walking in the paths of oncoming carts at Walmart), she then took a second, looked around a bit, and laughing said, "Holy Sh_ _", so it was a pretty good reminder that our kids don't miss much :eek:

Ask a Question