SOLVED Mail and Calendar app not working on two of my computers

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Keep us posted please. :)
I just looked into recent up dates could any of these be the problem with MS Mail app not working
up dates could be causing issues with MS Mail app
Kb2538243 Visual C+ installed 8/12/20 successfully
Kb4569745 net frame 3.5 and 4.8 installed 8/11/20 successfully
kb4566782 cumulative up date Version 2004 for x64 installed 8/11/20
This was about the time problems started

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I just looked into recent up dates could any of these be the problem with MS Mail app not working
up dates could be causing issues with MS Mail app
Kb2538243 Visual C+ installed 8/12/20 successfully
Kb4569745 net frame 3.5 and 4.8 installed 8/11/20 successfully
kb4566782 cumulative up date Version 2004 for x64 installed 8/11/20
This was about the time problems started
my wife on the other computer just deleted email from SBC from as far back as December 2018 she did not see before total 718 emails. She is now using Flow Mail app MS mail app not working at all. I hope you are passing onto feed back for mail what I am finding.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Keep us posted please. :)
today still no MS mail checked SBC tried to find new mail , none found but the email account did not crash / need fixing this time. Just nothing . I am leaving on app to see if this gets fixed , it will get fixed. I after reset of app was surprised to see data in calendar thought that would be lost in the reset. Why went I reinstalled Mail app was SBC loaded in the new install ? is it in history some where ?

Reaction score
I really cannot say what the problem is, I can only assume that the mail app is defective and that you contact MS about your situation as I don't have anything more for you, sorry!. :(

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
You I have come to you too many times this is not your problem. Microsoft knows how to make something and they know how to break something both cases they do a good job about it. I know if you knew what to do you would tell me.
I can not think of why , all I can do is let them know threw feed back. Also become the squeaky wheel remind them its broke maybe some day They will fix it hope they show or tell me how so I can let you know. In the mean time I have "Flow mail" to see my emails till they do.
what amazed me when I saw my wife's emails not read fully since 12/2018 makes me think its just as much a problem for Sbc as Microsoft.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
mail app worked one time when I turned on my computer but has not worked sync Sbc email . Tired to search for new when none was shown error popped up.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
appears there has been a problem
Windows 10 May 2020 update Mail and Calendar lost my Gmail and Yahoo accounts
Mine was working till about two weeks ago. Something broke the app between May till July 2020 brings back my thought of recent updates have to be involved during that time. People app also could not sync my contacts that used Sbc and Outlook.

Reaction score
As the accounts are Yahoo & Gmail which now use 2-step authentication you should either set this up & create an app specific password on each of those Mail accounts or find the setting to allow less secure apps to access your account.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
the people app has not for a long time not synced with Sbc but the mail app has not until around the 8/17/20 mail and windows up update. The reset I do not know will help a lot of work to find out if it will or will not. Flow mail app works fine why is theirs working not MS app. MS app Mail has worked last three days once but that is all. Seems my feed back has done some good on Mail and People app.

Reaction score
If you’re unwilling to try our suggestions then it’s going to be impossible to help you.
If you’re satisfied with FlowMail app then that’s fine. :)

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I wait to see if the wheel is working before re-inventing it. Mail app is now syncing it was when I first opened it this morning and a second time that let me know you sent a response Sbc is what I have on my profile to send messages. Going to see what happens rest of the day and tomorrow before showing it fixed. Mail calendar syncing people is not but it hasn't which is nothing new it hasn't worked but a hand full of times. Its not as critical as Mail app is . Thanks for who have helped Feed back - all apps feed back - Wolfe and you.

Reaction score
Have you turned on calendar syncing within the account settings within the Mail app?

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
yep just looked calendar working with all accounts Sbc - outlook and G-mail. No syncing issues only one not syncing is people app same issue Sbc. I sent a feed back to people app saying it would be nice to fix that too. But I guess two out of three apps working could be the best I can ask for? Nice to know every one are there to cover my back. Sure have learned allot the pass two weeks I use one free thing called "One note" to record in a file I called Win10 Fixes and record what went wrong and how to fix it. Its like writing my own users manual. Its linked to my phone in case computer will not start I mote be able to fix it. Just a suggestion to pass on.

Ask a Question