SOLVED Mail and Calendar app not working on two of my computers

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I have been on forum for over a week on this problem now I have two computers it not allowing sync with Sbc/yahoo email accounts on either machine. Is there a up date for Version 16005.13110.41006.0 I seem not to be able to find? I checked for malware none found , I down loaded another third party app to sync and is working fine but I like yours to work and use. PLEASE help me figure this thing out.
Fews weeks ago Mail was telling me I had unread mail but I had read all mail , you fixed that why not this?

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

have you contacted MS at all?. :)

Reaction score
" Is there a up date for Version 16005.13110.41006.0 "
Yes. Several.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Yes threw settings while on mail app, its feed back. This app at least I have had on going issues not wanting to load , tells me I have email not read in start screen tile that all have been read ( this many times) every time I tell them it , in feed back in time its fixed. But this has been a issue with MS and Sbc seems they do not play well together. SO I was totally frustrated looked for another third party app that links all my email account together and I found it FLOW MAIL. Down down loaded it set up all my email accounts set to read Sbc first its ran the first time , today read 12 emails no issues. Last night did the same thing total MS they had a problem lets see what they do?

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

try resetting the app again. Settings > Apps > Mail & Calendar > Advanced setting (click on the app entry). Scroll down in the next page and click reset. You will lose all your data so save anything you need first!. :)

1597688949113.png

1597689071647.png

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Hi Michael,

try resetting the app again. Settings > Apps > Mail & Calendar > Advanced setting (click on the app entry). Scroll down in the next page and click reset. You will lose all your data so save anything you need first!. :)

View attachment 12325

View attachment 12326
I did that last night but I just did it again today as you suggested. I am doing a full scan using Microsoft malicious removal tool right now. Once I see that there isn't malware any where I will try to reset up mail app and see if I can get Sbc to sync. Only thing to do then as far as I can see is uninstall the mail app and reinstall it. Maybe the reinstalled Mail app has a update I am missing.

Reaction score
If all else fails, I can really only recommend using Thunderbird which works fine with a Yahoo account which I also have!. Just a suggestion btw. ;)

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I tried resetting MS Mail app Outlook resets up easy but when I tried Sbc when I agreed to their terms final step it ran for 10 seconds then a fix the account appeared re set up then error code 0x8019019a appeared with " Something went wrong statement ". I ran a full scan using MS malware removal tool took over two hours "no" malware / spyware on my system. Only thing I can think of is 1) wait to see if a up date comes 2) uninstall MS Mail app seeing all my data is gone from reset and threw app store install it again. 3) down load Flow mail to my other machine seeing its working on one right now. I will use your suggestion of Blue Bird as a back up in case Flow mail fails.

Reaction score
What version of Win 10 do you have?.

Try an upgrade (if necessary) then a fix for the mail app if it still isn't working!. :)

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I have the current build Win 2004 all updated
As I said I have two computers using Mail app which one was fixed by some one? Its mail app had Sbc email loaded now its working. The computer I am sending this from did not have Sbc in Mail app it was not working so I removed it. I have reloaded it in this computer's Mail app may they can fix it too? I went to "feed back" for Mail app so far they have fixed the MANY issues I have had.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I have the current build Win 2004 all updated
As I said I have two computers using Mail app which one was fixed by some one? Its mail app had Sbc email loaded now its working. The computer I am sending this from did not have Sbc in Mail app it was not working so I removed it. I have reloaded it in this computer's Mail app may they can fix it too? I went to "feed back" for Mail app so far they have fixed the MANY issues I have had.
Second computer Mail app is still working the first from which I am sending this from Mail app is not sync to the SBC email account. Maybe later I will get that which will make my day.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
as of today MS mail app not able to sync my SBC email account. I sent notice to feed back threw settings of mail and Calendar that it is not fixed. I am using another Flow mail app I down loaded its working fine receiving mail and I can send email threw SBC account.
Another thought, SBC added a block a email sender feature not available in MS mail app would this have anything to do with problem?

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Keep us posted please. :)
as of today neither computer MS Mail is working I am not receiving mail from any site Outlook or SBC , pardon my French but this app is really F****up. The flow mail app is running on both computers all is sending and receiving mail.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Keep us posted please. :)
as of today neither computer MS Mail is working I am not receiving mail from any site Outlook or SBC , pardon my French but this app is really F****up. The flow mail app is running on both computers all is sending and receiving mail.
just had a thought is it the MS Mail app or is it the server the issue. Last two up dates I received the first thing up dated was the server and then the individual up dates came second both times. Could the server be blocking the mail app from syncing Out look and SBC email accounts?

Ask a Question