Mail and calendar App. Bizarre and unanticipated omissions.

Reaction score
The App. from the Microsoft Store opens (Hotmail) much faster and the only lack seemed to be some settings and auto - signature. Minor factors. Recently missed important e-mails; didn't open Junk folder to check as there were no numbers of unopened mails alongside the folder (as there were on some other folders). The missing mails were in there; it seems the folder has to have been clicked on to activate the number of unread feature! There is no info. in the Store warning about this; did I fail to read some documentation with the download or is this a major dysfunction and are other oddities yet to be discovered or worse never discovered?

Reaction score
Type in Mail in the app. store and Mail and Calendar is the first one to come up; it has the Outlook envelope icon.

Reaction score
Masy depend on what a user already has installed?

Typing Mail shows me this /and many other apps)
1585571573738.png
:which, in my case, as it says is already installed. When I try and use the store choice, it only opens my calendar, which is already there

Further down the line ( Ninth item) is this,
1585571760215.png

which gives me a shortcut to download Office, which I already have installed?

So, is it the online outlook (free) which you mention?

Reaction score
It's mail and calendar although the icon I have is different to the one currently in the store. It's apparently a degraded version which presumably allows it to load faster but there were no instructions I'm aware of warning of what those degradations are.

Reaction score
Could you podt a clip of the icon, or what the program looks like when opened. Sorry but i am still a little lost

Reaction score
OK. Finally I got it. I was confused by your reference to it being in the store. It is, of course, part of Window 10. It's in the start menu "Mail"
It is deliberately simplified, MS would probably like to encourage people to buy one of their more advanced programs
But there are two better alternatives, if you like the more advanced Microsoft Mail
There is the free online Office suite, including MS Outlook, https://products.office.com/en-us/free-office-online-for-the-web, or you can go direct, of course, to the on line Outlook :

But I see the thread is marked as solved

Reaction score
I had to download it which took about 90 mins. and dealing with four people owing to confusion of what a "tile" is and isn't (presumably it had been deleted if it's normally in the start menu); I was hoping someone would mention that they had the same issues and that clicking on a folder activated the numbering. The only thing I really like about it is that it opens very quickly - normal Hotmail takes about 15 times longer to open and I doubt whether other options would be as quick but doubt remains - will the numbers next to folders appear from now on/random/intentional fault?

Reaction score
We are in Windows 10?
1585642706408.png

Numbers next to folders? I think I might have to drop out of this - confused again

Mail in windows 10

1585642606012.png

Calendar in Mail

1585642668882.png

Reaction score
The whole thread from the first post was about the lack of numbers appearing against at least one Folder; like my issue with "Tiles"; your e-mail if you have one may use whatever terminology the marketing dept. selected.

Ask a Question