Microsoft Money Plus

Reaction score
Microsoft Money was discontinued in 2009 and support ended in 2011. However, if for some reason you still want to use it, Windows 10 includes Internet Explorer 11 in its installation. Just Search for "Internet Explorer" and it will appear at the top of your results. That should enable you to finish the process of discontinuing use of Microsoft Money.

Reaction score
Hi

I found that changing it in the two locations below fixed it for me:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

It was only when I changed the second as well that it started to work. I changed both the Version and W2kVersion keys to 9.11.10240.0

Hopefully this won't break anything else :)

I can only find the first location...the one with Wow6432Node doesn't seem to be there. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I have still been using Microsoft Money Plus and just upgraded to Windows 10 and boom! Money claims it needs Explorer 6 to run. It still worked with the last version of IE for Windows 7 what ever that was. Is there a work around or am I dead in the water? Thanks.

After I changed the Registry for IE
svcVersion
Version
W2kVersion
&
Version Vector - IE
all to 9.11.10240.0

it seems to be working for basic operations so far

Reaction score
The Registry tweek of IE version to .0 worked to run Money.
Open Registry Editor (RegEdit). Navigate to the following registry key:
In the right pane, look for Version registry value. Modify the value date to 9.11.10240.0.
Money then would not import so
I downloaded the dll from:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zj0amk06ax57cfg/mnyob99.dll
pit the new dll in the MyCoreFiles folder
and it fixed the import problem - !!!!
HPTS Win 10 64 Bit

Reaction score
I made the four registry hacks and the program will start up fine then i get this message as I'm working

Microsoft Money has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you is a solution is available.

Reaction score
In the right pane, look for Version registry value. Modify the value date to 9.11.10240.0.
pit the new dll in the MyCoreFiles folder
HPTS Win 10 64 Bit

Thanks for this, I've downloaded the dll file, could you please give further explanation where you save it? I can't find the "MyCoreFiles" folder, could you please explain how you access it.
Thanks again

Reaction score
I think I've found the 2nd place to make the change. Could someone please confirm I'm in the right place?
I really really need my money files and sure don't want to have to restore to windows 8.1. Had to do that Friday when my Cisco VNP software hung up my internet connection.

View attachment 529
Thank you for the screenshots! They were very helpful. Greetings from Manila :)

Reaction score
put the new dll (replace the old) in the MnyCoreFiles folder
HPTS Win 10 64 Bit
SORRY Typo error: replace the old DLL with the downloaded dll. Put the new dll in the "MNYCoreFiles" folder

Reaction score
Thanks for this, I've downloaded the dll file, could you please give further explanation where you save it? I can't find the "MyCoreFiles" folder, could you please explain how you access it.
Thanks again
Typo error - put the new dll (replacing the old) in the MnyCoreFiles folder
and it fixed the import problem - !!!! PS: Cute Child.

Reaction score
I have still been using Microsoft Money Plus and just upgraded to Windows 10 and boom! Money claims it needs Explorer 6 to run. It still worked with the last version of IE for Windows 7 what ever that was. Is there a work around or am I dead in the water? Thanks.
I'm looking for the answer as I have the same problem too! I tried the regedit config solution posted elsewhere but it gives the same result ,that need IE6, but I'm on IE11.

Reaction score

Reaction score
Fix Microsoft Money opening and inport!
In the right pane, look for Version registry value. Modify the value data to 9.11.10240.0
(Trick search for 9.11.10240 then replace all the next figures with only one .0
so it looks like: "9.11.10240.0" no quotes) I found two entries.
Money would then open properly but would freeze when I tried to import.
put the new dll in the MNYCoreFiles folder (overwriting the old dll)
Long Live Money!
HPTS Win 10 64 Bit

Reaction score
Hi - I got Money to work in Win 10 by right clicking Money Icon and selecting PROPERTIES - then COMPATIBILITY. I then ran 'Run Compatibility Mode' and accepted the results - Money has since worked fine!!

Reaction score
I had Money 2004 running on windows 7 ultimate and it finally stopped loading (tried to load and continued to flash opening screen and then was suppressed). finally gave up and installed the Money Plus Sunset - it loads the backup file and displays banks, balances, and monthly reports but it will not display transactions or reports. Stuck on 'Loading"/ Tried switching to "essential" reports, no go. tried Repair several times. tried editing the categories displayed. got an ideas? is there a patch?

Reaction score
addendum to question...budgets work and display correctly, it is specifically reports that is not loading...no reports in any time frame...

tried compatability mode "windows 7" still won't run reports -

Ask a Question